Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I was just thinking this morning. Does Maserati Ghibli have 24/7 road side assist? I don't see a "SOS" button like the Mercedes or BMW. My sales did not mention anything either.
So, do we have it?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Yes! It is listed on page 68 of the eBrochure and can also be found on your original window sticker, just above the base suggested retail price.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes! It is listed on page 68 of the eBrochure and can also be found on your original window sticker, just above the base suggested retail price.
Thank you. How do we contact them when in trouble? Is there a button or a number we need to call?

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
roadside asst is covered under the 4yr / 50k mile warranty for USA. i used it once before, it only took 4 hours for the tow truck to arrive. called at 8pm, they showed up at midnight.. sat along the road for 4 hours with my 6 yr old son waiting..

·
Registered
283 Posts
roadside asst is covered under the 4yr / 50k mile warranty for USA. i used it once before, it only took 4 hours for the tow truck to arrive. called at 8pm, they showed up at midnight.. sat along the road for 4 hours with my 6 yr old son waiting..
that is not acceptable. :eek:

·
Registered
863 Posts
I had to use it like two weeks back. And all i have to say is great service. I called them on Sunday since my car had a dead battery. It was very bad weather and since i can wait. They asked me if they can reschedule for Monday 8 am morning. Which i was fine with.

On Monday morning exactly i got the call from the person that he is at the facility where the car is stored. I got there and there was this guy to jump start the car. very courteous and nice.

Did the job, made sure everything is good and fine and left.

I think it has been a overall great experience.

I think the people who had bad experience was because the company that was called by MNA to do the job was not up to the mark. Something MNA should consider and evaluate.

Reactions: MaseratiCares

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
that is not acceptable. :eek:
unacceptable isnt the word to describe that night. imagine sitting along the hwy at midnight with your 6 yr old for 4 hours. kids are inpatient to begin with, now try having them sit in a car for 4 hours and wait..

prob is MNA has contracts with tow companies who stink. orig they wanted to send out a tow truck from NJ, prob is i was stranded in PA, approx 100 miles from where the tow truck was coming from.. HELLO?? are you F'N kidding me, sending a tow truck from 100 miles out? BC this was the "PREFERRED" provider...

so then after i talked some common sense into them, they found another provider who was 30 min from me, but he was on a call.. the rest is history.. they ended up paying the guy close to $400 to tow the car. when the guy showed up he was happy as a pig in sh*t b/c he said he normally only gets about $50 per tow. he said this was the most he ever was paid for a roadside asst tow.

i was very annoyed that night. 2 days later MNA called me to talk about the situation and i let them know that it was BS. they sent me a gift card for $200 cash for my troubles so they did try to make things right but trust me, i would have preferred a 30 min tow versus the $200 cash... that night sucked

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
unacceptable isnt the word to describe that night. imagine sitting along the hwy at midnight with your 6 yr old for 4 hours. kids are inpatient to begin with, now try having them sit in a car for 4 hours and wait..

prob is MNA has contracts with tow companies who stink. orig they wanted to send out a tow truck from NJ, prob is i was stranded in PA, approx 100 miles from where the tow truck was coming from.. HELLO?? are you F'N kidding me, sending a tow truck from 100 miles out? BC this was the "PREFERRED" provider...

so then after i talked some common sense into them, they found another provider who was 30 min from me, but he was on a call.. the rest is history.. they ended up paying the guy close to $400 to tow the car. when the guy showed up he was happy as a pig in sh*t b/c he said he normally only gets about $50 per tow. he said this was the most he ever was paid for a roadside asst tow.

i was very annoyed that night. 2 days later MNA called me to talk about the situation and i let them know that it was BS. they sent me a gift card for $200 cash for my troubles so they did try to make things right but trust me, i would have preferred a 30 min tow versus the $200 cash... that night sucked
sorry to hear that.
I think this is something that their German competitors can do a lot better. Maybe a good idea to get AAA or add road side tow option with the car insurance now.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ive used it and it was fine. They even called me back several times to make sure someone was coming. IM' guessing hat it will depend on the availably area by area of two truck drivers they can contract with.

After an hour, speaking for myself, I would have called a cab and left the car for them to deal with... their problem....

·
Registered
695 Posts
I used servic twice. Ask your dealer what tow company they recommend and be sure to tell Maser to use them! Has to be the guy who handles exotics.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts