Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Ghibli Friends,

I have about 1 1/2 months left on my warranty and have noticed an intermittent rather loud noise (probably from the exhaust) which I hear when decelerating in Sport mode. Here's how I can recreate it, though I can't do it every time:

1) In sport mode
2) Windows down
3) Hard acceleration
4) Then lift off the gas when rpms between 3-4K

The sound is like a loud vibration from a distance, but you really can only hear it clearly when the windows are down. Kind of sounds like a loud motorcycle riding by and I only hear it when driving. I cannot recreate it when just revving the engine. I posted a video of it here, but the noise doesn't seem very loud on the recording. You can hear it 4 seconds in: video and here where it hits 4K rpms: video

So, before I take it to the dealer, does this seems normal to you? And if not, what do you think it could be?

I'll try to record a better video with a louder and longer noise, but there are very few places near my house where I can actually accelerate quickly over and over again.

Thank you!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi folks, just letting you know I had a ride with the tech and he said the noise is normal and they generally get louder as they age. It is possible he's just tired of explaining to ppl used to a quiet luxury car that there's nothing wrong with their ghibli-- it's designed to make loud sounds when you push it hard in sport mode. I guess that's why I bought it. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts