Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had my ghibli about 7 weeks. Hit 2,000 miles. Issues so far

1) yesterday the stereo would turn on but no sound from speakers. Only came back on after turning off car for 5 minutes to fill up gas.
2) pedal adjust knob fell off
3) sub woofer rattles like crazy
4) biggest issue front and rear passengers door have plasticy rubbing sound that gets louder every day. Did not exist a month ago and now as I pull out of my drive way where the pavement is sloped of the car is sloped sideways like going over a speed bump at an angle. Extremely noticeable at low speeds. Less noticeable at higher speeds as more road engine noise masks it.

With that being said the car is awesome to drive and gorgeous. I expected some issues ad it's a first year car. Still love it!

·
Registered
863 Posts
Get the insulation done for the Subwoofer and it will be fixed.

The rest of the stuff can be fixed since under warranty..

Enjoy the ride... :)

·
Administrator
2,389 Posts
justjabbin - glad your enjoying the car ... these are NICE cars.
Other than the subwoofer, those don't seem like common issues reported on this forum so hopefully a quick fix the next time your in the dealer. Subwoofer insulation fix seems proven, although I never had a problem (yet) with subwoofer rattle.

I have the plasticy sound on my drivers side passenger car only when I open the door. Once closed it goes away.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Had my ghibli about 7 weeks. Hit 2,000 miles. Issues so far

1) yesterday the stereo would turn on but no sound from speakers. Only came back on after turning off car for 5 minutes to fill up gas.
2) pedal adjust knob fell off
4) biggest issue front and rear passengers door have plasticy rubbing sound that gets louder every day. Did not exist a month ago and now as I pull out of my drive way where the pavement is sloped of the car is sloped sideways like going over a speed bump at an angle. Extremely noticeable at low speeds. Less noticeable at higher speeds as more road engine noise masks it.

With that being said the car is awesome to drive and gorgeous. I expected some issues ad it's a first year car. Still love it!
I'll trade you! >:D

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
I had both 1 and 3.

For 1, I took it in and they checked with the Maserati Tech desk. They said it was a bad amp and ordered me a new one. I had it replaced and it hasn't happened since.

For 3, like others, they insulated the speaker mount and rear deck. Made a noticeable difference. I still don't think the sound is near what it should be but it is much better than it was with the rattle.

Take it in and they should be able to fix it.

Had my ghibli about 7 weeks. Hit 2,000 miles. Issues
so far

·
Registered
78 Posts
The squeaky windows are not a window problem it is the door seals. Spray some silicon on a rag and then wipe the door seals. Use a lot and let it dry. The squeaks will go away. My BMW used to do the same thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts