Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my S Q4 today - so psyched!!! Got the Grigio Metallo with Nero interior, prem and sport packs. Was a little nervous at first driving home from the dealer with all these pot holes from the harsh winter here in the northeastern U.S., but it didn't take long to settle in and open her up.

Will post pics soon. Can't wait to get back out on the road! :)

·
Administrator
2,521 Posts
Congratulations on your new car ... I know there will be plenty of fun and compliments to come.

I too remember the first day picking up my car between snow storms and driving 200 miles to get her home safely. I was literally "white knuckled" holding the steering wheel so tightly for the first hundred miles so I didn't hit any potholes or get behind any big trucks.

Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Congrats, Rich! Where in the northeast are you located?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone for the nice welcome and all the congrats. Essfive, I'm in the Philly suburbs (Bucks County) just north of the city.

Don't know if did this right with the image upload (tried to embed in the post but couldn't figure it out so I created an album), but here are some initial pics. Lighting wasn't great from the front view but I think the others show a nice look...

2014 Maserati Ghibli Forum - Rich's Album: Ghibli S Q4

·
Registered
117 Posts
Looks great-thats the dealer I ordered my Ghibli from. I'm glad your wheels escaped the roads near the dealer in one piece!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Contrats Rich!! Bet you in the garage with it tonight after dinner setting radio buttons and taking deep breaths of new car smell. Enjoy! Drive safe!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You're not kidding! It's especially bad heading out of the dealership to the left right by the Devon Horse Show facility.

·
Registered
45 Posts
It is a beautiful car, congratulations! Always a pleasure looking at one. Seems this car does not have a wrong colour! All the colours look awesome!

·
Administrator
2,521 Posts
Rich: Car looks great ... it will be fun to drive if you can get out from around those potholes.

Rich/rjp71: How was your experience at Mainline?

I'm in central PA and bypassed Mainline based on first impressions and bought mine in New Jersey. They didn't seem that interested in dealing on price and they didn't have a good selection, (at least in Feb 2014 when I was searching).

Although, feedback on this forum indicates solid service technicians at that site. I might be using them for routine maintenance until a closer Maserati dealer gets up and running within an hour of me versus 2 hours.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I think some of these dealers are not really interested in selling Ghibli's......not sure why given the profit possibilities unless they are actually eating these 10K discounts I keep hearing about......

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What I liked about Mainline was their immediate responsiveness. From my first email inquiry on inventory/availability and all subsequent contacts they were very good at responding - and very pleasant to deal with. They didn't have exactly what I wanted in inventory - nor did the other dealership I dealt with over the bridge in NJ - but the Mainline salesman quickly got back to me the same day after doing a search and he found what I wanted at the port in GA.

The salesman at the other dealership took a full week to get back to me on his search findings (after promising me he'd have it w/in 2 days), even with a couple of follow-up contacts by me to check in on status - each time giving me a lame excuse. It was kind of surprising since that was the place I went first - and in person to test drive, and I made it clear that I was ready to buy right away if he could find me the car specs I wanted. Might have just been the salesperson rather than the dealership (I'll give them the benefit of the doubt I guess), but was definitely a little ticked off with how it was handled.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have been happy with Main Line so far. My car is only on order so I haven't had to deal with them too much.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think my previous post might have been confusing as to the 2 dealerships I dealt with.

I was very pleased with Main Line (and that's who I ended up buying from). I was not at all pleased with Kerbeck (the NJ dealership) - or at least the Kerbeck salesman - that I dealt with prior to going to Main Line.

Whatever. It's water under the bridge now. I have the car now and absolutely love it!!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts