Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Temps will drop to -19 F tonight with a high temp of -14 F tomorrow, dropping down to -22 F. Winds gusting at 25+ MPH, dropping windchill to -40 to -50 F.

Let's see how the Ghibli holds up tonight/tomorrow. I have to park her in a covered but outdoor garage during the day, so she will be exposed to the elements for 8+ hours.

She held up extremely well during the blizzards we've had the last few weeks. SQ4 for the win!

·
Registered
628 Posts
I wouldn’t start my car when temperatures are that low. I think anything below -20c (that’s -10f I believe) is simply not worth the wear, as it’s reaching the limits of the oil, antifreeze and other fluids.

That said, I have started my Ghibli last year at -25c (covered but open garage) and it was just fine.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
i chickened out and decided to take my wife's German tank instead of my Italian chariot to work today. The cold start was crazy loud when leaving work last night and it was "only" 0 F at that time. It was -22 F when I left the house this morning. Not the kind of day I want to risk getting stranded lol.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Be safe. I got worried when it got 29F here in Arizona. the summer tires felt like I was driving cinder blocks around.
Thanks! Wow 29 in AZ (which is basically the desert for our non-US friends on the forum)?? End times are near.... so go buy that Ferrari lol.

·
Registered
261 Posts
As a Chicago guy I also did not start the car today either. Went outside for 2 minutes this morning and that was enough. It is brutal out there...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hey There, Montreal Here...

Todays Feels like -40 F ( - 30C) Stupid Weather ! My 2017 Ghibli starts like a Volvo, no problem with Battery . SQ4 FTW !

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I took her to work today. -12 F when I left the house. She started up fine without struggle, although it took longer than normal for the idle to calm down, about 4-5 minutes. Actually used my ICE mode for maybe the 3rd time ever to keep the revs down until she was warm ha. And it's going to be 48 F on Sunday, a 70 degree swing in just a matter of days in the dead of winter...

Too bad our US "president" doesn't think climate change is real..

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am looking forward to warmer weather. I had her cleaned up and washed last week and left her in the garage this whole time while battling this cold and snow this week here in the Northern Va area. I'm glad i still hung on to my daily driver for situations like these lol.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Is been -4F and the car takes some seconds to turn on, and once the rpm went to 3k, but after turning on and off went back to 1.5k. It drives normal tho.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is been -4F and the car takes some seconds to turn on, and once the rpm went to 3k, but after turning on and off went back to 1.5k. It drives normal tho.
Yeah same here. The engine takes longer to warm and for the idle to calm down but it drives normal once warm. I've never experienced any electrical gremlins in sub zero temps either, thankfully. The Ghilbli has proven to be an excellent winter daily driver.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts