Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Every time I attempt either BT or USB streaming the iTunes tracks play. I have to hit the Spotify track several times until it sticks. It will begin to play and then immediately gets taken over by iTunes again. I then wrestle with it to get it to play and once the car is in motion I cannot risk this.

In all of my other vehicles this is never an issue. What can I do?

How can I try updating the firmware, are there any tech notes on fixes for this?

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have the same issue with Spotify. And always when you finally get it to play it plays the very next track rather than the one you want it to play. Also, the rewind or previous track button (both on the touchscreen and on the steering wheel controls) advances to the next song in the playlist, not the previous song. I showed it to the guy going over the car with me upon delivery. He kind of blew it off with a "I'll have to look into that".

I also complained that I get a SiriusXM 3-12 month trial in every car I have ever purchased. Even the 45K Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Altitude I bought a few months ago came with a 12 month trial. But in a 90K car? No trial.

On the Spotify issue, I'll also add that in the Jeep (also UConnect based) Spotify control works as expected.

·
Administrator
2,390 Posts
I also complained that I get a SiriusXM 3-12 month trial in every car I have ever purchased. Even the 45K Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Altitude I bought a few months ago came with a 12 month trial. But in a 90K car? No trial.
No SiriusXM trial on the 2014 Ghibli ... told will be added to 2015 model. Sadly, I have the lifetime in my other car which just misses the lifetime definition of being able to transfer to another car ... holding fast to lifetime of my car. Sirius won't budge so I plan to transfer the car within family keeping Sirius XM active. They will give me a free trial on the Maserati for 90 days, $25 for 6-months or if you press loyalty a heavily discounted annual plan for year. Didn't bite yet since the stock antenna has poor reception ... which dealer is replacing. Maybe you have the fix already with a June build date.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is crap. This should work, it works in every other application of connecting my USB or BT. I would like to see if there is a solution. Anyone around know of one?

·
Registered
236 Posts
That is crap. This should work, it works in every other application of connecting my USB or BT. I would like to see if there is a solution. Anyone around know of one?
Here has been my solution for spotify. Rather than using the USB port now exclusively use bluetooth. No clash and the steering wheel controls work as expected. What you lose is the track information. It will just say 'XXXs_iphone' as the source. That's OK since I know most of my playlists fairly well. You also lose the fact that it's not wired so it's not charging obviously in bluetooth mode so I have a 12v charger inside the armrest that has the cord hang out the front a bit. I plug it in and stick my phone in the same spot the usb port is in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts