Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All, so pleased I found this forum. two weeks ago I picked up my Ghibli, nero ribelle. Love the car. I came from an 08 QP... Love the new technology MTC. HUGE improvement over the old bulky system. From v8 to v6 takes some getting used to, but Turbo cars are SOOO much fun.

Talk to you soon.

Dave
Charlotte, NC

Attachments

·
Registered
312 Posts
Congratulations!

·
Registered
863 Posts
Congrats, sharp looking car.. enjoy the ride..

·
Registered
292 Posts
Congrats!

·
Administrator
2,521 Posts
Congratulations ... welcome to the Ghibli family!!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi All, so pleased I found this forum. two weeks ago I picked up my Ghibli, nero ribelle. Love the car. I came from an 08 QP... Love the new technology MTC. HUGE improvement over the old bulky system. From v8 to v6 takes some getting used to, but Turbo cars are SOOO much fun.

Talk to you soon.

Dave
Charlotte, NC
Congrats mambo
What adjustment from v8 to turbo did you experience?
Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Congrats mambo
What adjustment from v8 to turbo did you experience?
Thanks
The V8 in my 08 Quattroporte was more 'torqy" from dead stop. New car as a bit of turbo lag. But to be expected. I'm sure the q4s is probably a bit better. I just couldn't justify the price difference since I'm going to be beaten down anyhow on depreciation as it's my daily driver.

As far as the rest of the car, the older QP's felt more "exotic". But I'd much rather have reliability and newer less buggy electronics. The finishes on the interior used to feel a a bit less mass produced. But, that being said, I feel the price reflects that, so its all good. I did look at a new QP before the ghibli came out, and I didn't care for it as it felt too mass produced for twice the money. The Ghibli was a MUCH better car for me for the money. I do think that they will decapitate some of the QP sales with the Ghibli. I could have bought either, and once I drove the Ghibli, I was sold.

All to be expected. I love the car and I love the fact I don't feel like its going to break or cost me $10k every time I hear a noise.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The V8 in my 08 Quattroporte was more 'torqy" from dead stop. New car as a bit of turbo lag. But to be expected. I'm sure the q4s is probably a bit better. I just couldn't justify the price difference since I'm going to be beaten down anyhow on depreciation as it's my daily driver.

As far as the rest of the car, the older QP's felt more "exotic". But I'd much rather have reliability and newer less buggy electronics. The finishes on the interior used to feel a a bit less mass produced. But, that being said, I feel the price reflects that, so its all good. I did look at a new QP before the ghibli came out, and I didn't care for it as it felt too mass produced for twice the money. The Ghibli was a MUCH better car for me for the money. I do think that they will decapitate some of the QP sales with the Ghibli. I could have bought either, and once I drove the Ghibli, I was sold.

All to be expected. I love the car and I love the fact I don't feel like its going to break or cost me $10k every time I hear a noise.
Thanks for the thoughtful reply..much appreciated..I got a Nero ribelle with two tone black and cuoio. Turbo lag is less perceptible in manual sport mode
Enjoy

·
Registered
863 Posts
**** yes.. and specially if you do sports mode with manual. So you are reach the redline and shift.. more power...

Anyone know if 0-60 is faster if you drive sq4 in sport mode?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts