Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Wow, that guy is an idiot. I drove the A7, S5, S6, and 5 series. The Audi are overpriced and didn't instill excitement. The Mercedes is downright ugly. He can keep them. I am not sure why this car polarizes so much. I simply can't read another review where an asshat says they rec a Cadillac or that the back end looks like a Kia. Wanne be a lemming? ..go ahead, that's not me!

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
As we have all said before - the car is polarizing.

Given the first year teething problems and for me the audio I under stand the 'is it worth it comment', but come on the ridiculously complex Bavarian cars do nor hold a candle to the Maserati; let's not forget those awful run flats on the driving machine; the distinct lack of headroom in the A7 and 'idiosyncratic' nature of torque steer etc on the Audi in general

Vive le difference and let the German masses keep their cars while we rapture in the real ultimate driving experience (assuming I have a decent sound system to accompany the exhaust sound - lol)

·
Registered
140 Posts
No point in wasting time on reviews like this. The guy didn't like the car, plain and simple, but that's his opinion. We all knew what we wanted and are happy with our choice, or we wouldn't be here. In my opinion, reviews like this mean more exclusivity for the few of us who know what a fantastic car we have.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Agree with essfive and we know what we got and the reviewer clueless looks like he drove the car 10 miles and then wrote his review..........and I never like any one that starts with negatives.........I have been a consultant for 20 years and even when we have a lot bad to say we always always did i say always start with the positives......any smart person will be able to weed through these kind of reviews.............and make the correct decision for them......

·
Registered
49 Posts
He comes off as a hipster, that was determined to hate the car no matter what he actually found. There's a fundamental flaw in comparing every car on price. If price per feature was the only measure, then Hyundai and Kia would win every time. There is something about Maserati, and the Ghibli in particular, that brings out a real mean streak in some critics. They feel like they have to knock it down a peg. You see it with Tesla, too. I'm completely immune to all the criticism. I'm so content with this car, that nothing can get under my skin.

·
Registered
695 Posts
this guy is an idiot

It's funny that the written review on KBB is quite a bit different. This guy has a smirk on his face the whole time. These are the guys that get the crap knocked out of them in bars. I'm sick of our cars being compared to base cars from other makes. Since when can you ever find a base anything, every car he mentioned has less power and no leather at base. I guarentee you no one buying a CTS is shopping a Maser, just a different point of view. I cross shopped a loaded A7 at $79K.

·
Registered
325 Posts
This guy makes my skin crawl !
It's almost like he is trying to make a name for himself by being so un intelligent.... What an idiot !

·
Registered
112 Posts
Simply put, many reviewers don't have a concept of what the Ghibli is about and what Maserati has achieved. The Ghibi is a unique car that appeals to certain people who love to drive.

It is not comparable to typical luxury cars because it is not a luxury vehicle, per se. It is closer to an exotic and those who are familiar with the handling of these cars attest to this: "Maserati exists in a space that's someplace between pure exotics, like its Fiat Chrysler sister brand, Ferrari, and more "ordinary" luxury car brands like Mercedes-Benz and BMW."

Lamborghini - Exotic car sales surge to record high - except Ferrari - CNNMoney

If you are reading this, you already know that to be the case. However, it sure is fun to bash these guys who are clueless. I am sure the guys at Maserati read these reviews, sigh, and say to themselves, "Ciò che un idiota."

·
Registered
852 Posts
very well put........it is like a calling...........you do not know why but I knew I had to have the car..........i knew it would be awesome...........and it was and is.........i love the cold start every morning and driving in sport everywhere even if from red light to red light...........i will spend thousands more in gas and i do not care the sound is addictive........and for those who do not know or who do not care to try to figure it out (aka the reviewers and I am sure other buyers without the calling) too bad.........I got mine and all the rest are just missing out on one of lifes lpleasures which I am very fortunate to be able to experience and maybe that is the reason for some of the bad reviews......jealousy??........i have gotten nothing but kudos from everyone.....so to **** with the reviewers.............

·
Registered
312 Posts
I'm REALLY surprised that this is a KBB review. I would have thought their reviews would be more scientific and less douchey.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Nice find Steve. I'll take Ivan Capelli's opinion as a professional race car driver over that of a glorified blogger.

Reactions: UKGhibli

·
Registered
42 Posts
I always feel car reviews are a shallow analysis of something very complex, a rushed snapshot of an object that should and can provokes deep emotions and should be judged over time, but reviewed in a 2 hour test drive and then forced into two pages or five minutes of a web video. Most of us couldn’t write a fair review of our partners, spouses and friends after our first encounters but that’s the nature of the rushed journalism these days.

I’ve started enjoying the Ghibli S Q4 more immensely with each drive. In a typical Italian car fashion, almost every eccentric attribute of the car that has been a source of negative reviews turns into a cherished personality of the car. This car is not perfect. This car is not for everyone. If you can’t see yourself in one of the incumbent Germans in this class anymore, this car gives you goose bumps, tears up your eyes with joy on a spring morning, makes every trip an special occasion.

PJ,

·
Registered
26 Posts
The guy is entitled to his opinion. By its nature, it's going to be subjective.

There's no point getting worked up about it - that's the part at I don't get.

·
Administrator
2,518 Posts
Well you know, I learned a long time ago nothing is 100% perfect or 100% broken ... there will always be differences of opinion and something to improve upon. It really doesn't matter if reporter praises the Ghibli as "car of the year" or "last place" ... it is how you perceive that counts.

I also think there is a little psychology going on here ... when there is something you really want but can't have ... you will always find faults to rationalize your position of why it wouldn't have worked out anyways.:crying:

Reactions: vanzunator

·
Registered
852 Posts
IMO the opinion of a professional race car driver would be way better than the "reviewers" unless of course Maserati paid him?????

1 - 20 of 34 Posts