Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed a strange knocking noise when accelerating got progressively worse/ louder as I started driving more. After about 20mins of driving I was stopped at a red light and got a low oil pressure light and then the car stalled and shut off! After about 10 Mins car started again and I drove it to the nearest parking lot and had it towed. Since it was Saturday dealer service department was not open. Hope to find out something this week. Has anyone had or hear of this or a similar issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
Noticed a strange knocking noise when accelerating got progressively worse/ louder as I started driving more. After about 20mins of driving I was stopped at a red light and got a low oil pressure light and then the car stalled and shut off! After about 10 Mins car started again and I drove it to the nearest parking lot and had it towed. Since it was Saturday dealer service department was not open. Hope to find out something this week. Has anyone had or hear of this or a similar issue?

I had a similar issues and had it towed and ended up being a lot g list of things and did not get an answer how it happened could of started with a injector, but it was covered under warranty and the engine was taken apart and new injectors, 3 fuel pumps car has 3. New oil and gaskets and a few other things but I got it back a month later because of ordering parts and stuff getting approved. How this help. Mine is a 2014 s4

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a similar issues and had it towed and ended up being a lot g list of things and did not get an answer how it happened could of started with a injector, but it was covered under warranty and the engine was taken apart and new injectors, 3 fuel pumps car has 3. New oil and gaskets and a few other things but I got it back a month later because of ordering parts and stuff getting approved. How this help. Mine is a 2014 s4

Wow! Thanks for the reply. Any issues after getting your car back?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update: Technicians found metal shavings in the engine and sent video and pictures to Maserati of North American. They concluded that they are going to put a new engine in it. They said the time table for return should be about 10 days. They gave me an X3 as a loaner car wasn’t thrilled about that but nothing I could do besides bitch. Will post the invoice when I get it back from Maserati of Tampa.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Update: Technicians found metal shavings in the engine and sent video and pictures to Maserati of North American. They concluded that they are going to put a new engine in it. They said the time table for return should be about 10 days. They gave me an X3 as a loaner car wasn’t thrilled about that but nothing I could do besides bitch. Will post the invoice when I get it back from Maserati of Tampa.

I got a jeep wrangler for a month. Enterprise rental.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally got my car back after 2 weeks they did end up replacing the engine and did a wheel alignment as well.

·
Registered
24 Posts

That is exactly what happened to me three months after I bought mine.bit threw a rod.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts