Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

Laminated windows option.

5K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  pitchfork 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, so looking at the options list, what exactly are "laminated windows"? It says thermal and acoustic insulation. This is an 800 EUR option, how much sound insulation should I expect? I generally like hearing the engine roar, will it detract from the overall feeling of the car? Has anyone driven a Ghibli with and one without this option? Any insight if it's worthwhile? The dealer couldn't tell me much about it, to my disappointment.

Option code is: GBH

#2 ·
I'm not really sure about how effective it is. You would still be able to hear the engine roar, I think it cancels out the noise caused by bumps in the road and wind. The thermal insulation will make your car warmer obviously.

I'm not sure if there is any measured way to give you info about the insulation. You'll have to go more with anecdotal evidence on this one.

#3 ·
I've never heard of laminated windows

The first thing I can think of is window tints

For 800 EUR I think I would PASS

In terms of thermal and acoustic insulation.

Ceramic tints will offer you thermal insulation but not much acoustic.

I also doubt the laminate would do much for insulation too.

don't know many materials that do a good job at insulating sound without being dense or heavy.

#5 ·
Window tints are a different option, and I wouldn't pick that, I don't think it goes well with this car. I was driven in a QP with the V6 engine but I don't know what to say, it's a different car, I haven't yet driven the Ghibli S Q4, my dealer only has a diesel available for test drives. Dealer tells me the laminated glass is thicker than the normal one and cancels out more of the noise. It makes for a quieter car. How much quieter he couldn't say... He also told me that if I picked the B&W stereo it would be a good idea to pick laminated glass as well as it will improve sound quality in the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.