Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got some new fixes applied to the car. I am still waiting in for the wastegate clip to arrive from Italy. Should be there in the next 7 days and then it can be installed. I am posting the pic of the invoice, in which you will see the new insulation work that was performed by the dealer.

On the invoice its item number 3

On item number 2 you can see the wastegate clip as special order. Also the part number of both the things are there on the invoice.

let me know if you need any information.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks, good to know, just in case. Mine is the same build month.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So your car is 04/2014 as well?? If so then i suggest you go to the dealer to get these two updates done.

Reactions: lilith

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok its not the Sub Rattle noise its the insulation for the engine noise and this insulation goes in somewhere in the steering column..

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wastegate rattle sound

my dealership in MD told me that "Maserati has been working on a fix for this. At this time the bulletin has not been released and the supply of clips is not sufficient at this point. Yes there is a limited number of cars out there that have been fixed on the first wave for extreme cases. ":eek:

hope fully between Nov15-Dec 15 2014.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you see my invoice its a special order, so if you ask your lazy dealer to put in a request it would get in as a special order so you can have it as well. Just like i did.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ok its not the Sub Rattle noise its the insulation for the engine noise and this insulation goes in somewhere in the steering column..
The waste gate(s) clips fixed the "paper flickering" noise.

From what you wrote, the engine noise you have paper work for is not related to that.
How is the noise. Can you describe it?
Thanks,

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you ask me I never had any sort of rattling noise in the car. When i went to my dealer to ask for the wastegate thing, since i noticed it recently and there was a very faint noise, he basically ordered the clips and also said there is an other fix from Maserati for the insulation for the steering column which will eliminate any engine noise coming in the main cabin, the fix is for that.

Its more for insulating the car better for minimizing any noise coming from the engine bay area.

·
Registered
36 Posts
If you ask me I never had any sort of rattling noise in the car. When i went to my dealer to ask for the wastegate thing, since i noticed it recently and there was a very faint noise, he basically ordered the clips and also said there is an other fix from Maserati for the insulation for the steering column which will eliminate any engine noise coming in the main cabin, the fix is for that.

Its more for insulating the car better for minimizing any noise coming from the engine bay area.
Thanks for the info. I will ask my dealer about this.

·
Administrator
2,572 Posts
flamingwicky thanks for posting the info. I'll keep it handy for my next visit.

I don't want to be a nuisance to the after service manager, (or drive 90 miles for something I can bundle with next service visit). I had a replacement visor ordered from Italy in mid August which should hopefully arrive by end of year.

Who knows, by then, there could be another surprise fix of sorts.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Went to the dealer last week---Maserati of Troy---8 updates performed. I will get the email with the specifics tomorrow (I was in a hurry to leave so I could not wait for the paperwork). In any event, car runs beautifully and some of the little annoying items (windows/radio/rattles/parking brake) all seem to be fixed. My car was delivered in May with a November build date.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Went to the dealer last week---Maserati of Troy---8 updates performed. I will get the email with the specifics tomorrow (I was in a hurry to leave so I could not wait for the paperwork). In any event, car runs beautifully and some of the little annoying items (windows/radio/rattles/parking brake) all seem to be fixed. My car was delivered in May with a November build date.
Good to note that all the niggly issues are settled, will surely be greatful if you could post the specific detailed invoice from Maserati

·
Registered
127 Posts
Ditto
I have to bring mine in to swap to winters and would like to have dealer perform all of the updates.
Having the actual codes from the invoice would be invaluable !
Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
2,572 Posts
The firewall sound insulation is for cars with build dates Feb 2014 or older. Cars after this date (VIN number sequence actually) already have the insulation added. I'll get my waste gate clips and firewall insulation done as a bundle at a convenient time, (maybe with another TBD update).

·
Registered
36 Posts
The firewall sound insulation is for cars with build dates Feb 2014 or older. Cars after this date (VIN number sequence actually) already have the insulation added. I'll get my waste gate clips and firewall insulation done as a bundle at a convenient time, (maybe with another TBD update).
What is the firewall sound insulation? Is it the insulation for the steering wheel column?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts