Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Apologies in advance for the long post.

I have always purchased my cars in the past and am new to leasing. Currently I have a 2010 E550, Kelly blue book says it should be worth anywhere from $25k-$33k. It is paid off.

Here's my question:

Is it better to sell the car separately (like to car max, don't have time or energy to deal with private party sales). And then put the smallest down and use the cash left over for the monthly payments?

Or can I trade the car in and effectively reduce my monthly substantially? Is there risk to that if it gets stolen or wrecked? I also have started consulting and am looking for write-offs. Can I write off the entire down payment this year or does it get amortized or something?

I know with the time value of money, I am tempted to sell the car and make payments, however, if I can take a big tax write-off this year for the amount of the down, that would definitely weigh in the decision.

Never thought I would even consider a Maserati, but the Ghibli is a sweet car. (haven't even test drove it yet, but the look and sound of it def makes me consider it). Plus my friend has a GT and it is super sweet.

I live in Anaheim Hills, but it looks like they only have 1 2014 SQ4 left in stock. Newport Beach and Westlake look to still have a fair amount of 2014's. Do the dealers do trades with each other or will I basically have to go to NB or Westlake to get the one I want?

It looks like there are no new features, options, packages or exterior/interior upgrades on the 2015's. Please let me know if there is any good reason to pay more for a 2015. I am assuming the dealers are not going to make the same deal on a 15 as a 14.

Sorry for the long post, any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Sell the car privately or to the dealership, and only put down the initial start ups. NEVER put additional money down into a lease. If the vehicle is stolen or totaled, you will never get any of it back. Also, in some states cash down/trade equity is taxed.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: Mangirek

·
Registered
357 Posts
Agree with ssipes. To maximize tax advantage try to lease through your buisiness. In California trade in equity is taxed as far as I know. You won't go wrong with the Ghibli. Good luck. Cheers mate.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Only a week in but love my SQ4 - Unfortunately my Cayenne S I had for 10 years needed too many repairs and now I am thinking of just junking it or selling for parts or to a mechanic who can fix for himself. As for lease I got mine from Beverly Hills. So now based on my limited research here is the story - You have a very limited inventory of 2014 SQ4's left. There are the general ones that dealers can get from the local warehouse because the manufacture made a million of them which if you have been looking you can see - Black white or silver with black interior... if you look for something different it is tough to find and I would negotiate because you will lose it. I got the Bronze with Cuoio leather which I love. Don't like Sabbia and everyone will tell you it will get dirty - people are returning them because people sit in them with blue jeans and the dye transfers !!!! You can wip off the seats but it gets in the stitiching and good luck!!! I personally don't like blackout interiors so I wanted Blue passion but so bronze and love it. If you are looking at SQ4 to me 2015 is not worth it and there are no deals. Generally these cars are ordered by dealers with typical packages - if you want the equipeed SQ4 you will find Sport package, luxury package and premium package etc around the 87-91 sticker range and good lease will be 850-890 before sales tax. For 2015 with no upgrades except contrast stitching and Bluetooth/gps standard which you will have in the cars above and you are looking 12-1300... hope that helps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts