Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone seeing Ghibli leases for a term less than 36 months?

I've done a 27 month lease with Porsche before and that better suits my attention span with any one particular automobile.

I know the payment is higher with a shorter term lease, but the thought of being chained to a car for three years doesn't appeal to me.

I don't want to outright purchase because with a car in this price range, I'd rather not eat all of the sales tax up front, nor roll the dice on Maserati depreciation in a few years. Also I'd be leasing through my business.

Any thoughts or knowledge about shorter term leases?

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Is anyone seeing Ghibli leases for a term less than 36 months?

I've done a 27 month lease with Porsche before and that better suits my attention span with any one particular automobile.

I know the payment is higher with a shorter term lease, but the thought of being chained to a car for three years doesn't appeal to me.

I don't want to outright purchase because with a car in this price range, I'd rather not eat all of the sales tax up front, nor roll the dice on Maserati depreciation in a few years. Also I'd be leasing through my business.

Any thoughts or knowledge about shorter term leases?
I think it will be cheaper for you to purchase if you want to get rid of it early. Dealers are offering larger discounts on purchase vs lease. Also you don't have to worry about the mileage or lease term. I went to get a lease myself but after doing the math end up purchasing it. Also IMO all the leased cars will flood the market in about 2.5 years so if you own it you can sell it a bit early and will get more money. Get a simple interest 72 month loan to lower your payment. Good luck

·
Registered
265 Posts
From a business standpoint and write-offs (I think that's where you were going), I only lease. Makes things much easier from a justification standpoint for my tax accountant :)

I haven't heard about any 27 month lease programs, but if you tell the dealer thats what you want, I'm sure they will figure it out. Might just cost a little more per month.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did a 24 Month Lease with 5K down (includes all fees), 10K miles per year and $1,125 per month.
Thanks, that's about what I'd do.

Talked to my dealer and he said the 24 months were 'no good' didn't want to quote it for me.

I guess I could do a 36 month, and then hope in 2 years they come out with the Alfieri and I can upgrade early!:laugh:

·
Administrator
2,390 Posts
I did the loan route ... than accelerated my payments for an early payoff. Got a better discounted car price without out paying the full interest and lease price. Only risk is depreciation if your looking to flip in 24 months.

Reactions: Mangirek
1 - 6 of 6 Posts