Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, the question is whether LED headlights will function when retrofitted to, say, a 2014 or 2015 car.

And then, does it matter, if it's a car with the upgraded (turning) xenons or not? I am thinking that since the LED headlights selectively turn individual LEDs to not blind incoming traffic, a retrofit most probably is impossible, as this would require some kind of advanced forward facing camera.

Then again, I know that these intelligent LEDs are not legal in the US, so maybe they can function like regular xenons without advanced cameras.

What do you guys think? Has someone attempted this? Or asked their dealer about it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Здравейте! Пламен Христов, имам същото "Maserati GHIBLI"q4 2016г. искам да ви питам имахте ли успех с преправянето на ксенон в лед и ако да, може ли повече информация, бих искал да се свържа с вас тел.897868399 Кирил НИКОЛОВ

Hello! Plamen Hristov, I have the same "Maserati GHIBLI" q4 2016. I want to ask you if you were successful in converting xenon into ice and if so, can you give me more information, I would like to contact you tel.897868399 Kiril NIKOLOV

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, I gave up on this, as in the end I am happy with the headlights as they are. But, for anyone that still wants to do this:

These Chinese fellas seem to have it sorted out. Your best bet would be to get the modules needed for the retrofit from them and maybe purchase the led headlights second hand from ebay. I have a feeling they will charge a bit on the high side, but who knows. Go ahead and ask them. They seem to specialize in high end led conversions.

Good luck and let us know, if you succeed.

·
Registered
2014 GT MC / 2018 Ghibli SQ4 Gransport
354 Posts
These headlights are in fact bad ass. Best headlights on any car I've ever had, brightest car on the road at night always, can see my blinkers reflecting off signs super far away. And they look the part too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts