Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With my Bentley, I just needed to leave the indicator stalk in the left or right position before turning the engine off so that either just the left or the right parking lights were left on while parked on narrow streets more common in Europe and the U.K. where it is a legal requirement to have this function, even though it is not often used. In the Mercedes I had, this feature was on the light dial button where you could easily turn it to left of right settings and this has always been available on North American models too going back to at least the early 1980s.

See photo example of a Mercedes with only the left rear (and left front) parking light left on when parked so your car does not get sideswiped on dark narrow streets at night. No other lights will be left on such as the internal gauges etc. and this can be left on for days without draining the battery.

How do you turn it on in a modern Maserati when parked? It’s immensely frustrating! Or is it only possible to leave on all the parking lights, but then the internal gauge cluster is left on right? Surely that can’t be.

This is another one of those features not required in North America along with rear fog lights, the function to turn on small bright red lights (often just one such as on Mercedes) in the rear so cars from behind can see you at a greater distance in heavy fog or snow and reduce the risk of pile ups. This can cut accidents by 1/3rd in such conditions and should really be required in North America in my opinion. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
You aren't able to do that with a maserati, and leaving all the lights on if the system isn't built for it may drain your battery if left for too long.

It actually just looks like the Benz just has a light out, I could see one of my friends telling me that lol.

·
Registered
41 Posts
With my Bentley, I just needed to leave the indicator stalk in the left or right position before turning the engine off so that either just the left or the right parking lights were left on while parked on narrow streets more common in Europe and the U.K. where it is a legal requirement to have this function, even though it is not often used. In the Mercedes I had, this feature was on the light dial button where you could easily turn it to left of right settings and this has always been available on North American models too going back to at least the early 1980s.

See photo example of a Mercedes with only the left rear (and left front) parking light left on when parked so your car does not get sideswiped on dark narrow streets at night. No other lights will be left on such as the internal gauges etc. and this can be left on for days without draining the battery.

How do you turn it on in a modern Maserati when parked? It’s immensely frustrating! Or is it only possible to leave on all the parking lights, but then the internal gauge cluster is left on right? Surely that can’t be.

This is another one of those features not required in North America along with rear fog lights, the function to turn on small bright red lights (often just one such as on Mercedes) in the rear so cars from behind can see you at a greater distance in heavy fog or snow and reduce the risk of pile ups. This can cut accidents by 1/3rd in such conditions and should really be required in North America in my opinion. Thanks
I don't know of a way to do the parking light part, but my 2016 here in the U.S. has "fog lights" which turns on extra sections of the tail lights as you describe. It is activated by pushing in on the light selector switch. Wish the Ghibli had forward driving/fog lights..but I guess they didn't think it was necessary.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Here's a picture of what he's referring to.

I believe the rear fog lights would still turn off though if you turn the car off, you'd have to check.

If they turn off the other way you can do it is put the car in 'auto start/stop' mode and while the engine is stopped put the car in Park. That will keep the car stopped in auto start/stop mode until you have the key in range and you press the start button again. You can hopefully then leave the car and lock the doors with the rear fog lights only on. Not sure if the car would beep to notify you that the keyfob is out of range.

The rear fog lights activated are the middle red lights on both sides. You can activate them when pressing the light knob in by the steering wheel.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't think that feature is available on the Ghibli. All parking lights would have to remain on and would definitely drain the battery if the car if left on for an extended period of time. Maserati shuts this down after 8 minutes to preserve the battery

What you are referring to would be to the left of the "0" in the picture below of a Mercedes headlight switch to choose which tail light to leave on. Maserati's only has Auto, Off, Parking Lights, Low Beams, you can push the dial in for fog lights.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts