Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son was following me and sent me a pic of the car stopped on the brakes. The left side brake lights are 2/3rds out. I was looking for info before I remove for nothing. Are the bulbs replaceable? Individuals? A strip? Where is the best place to get them-dealer?
I saw a video on how to remove the housing. Is opening it a straight forward thing>
I just recently had to remove the bumper to replace a headlight bulb (I changed both!) and now this!
2014 SQ4 with 78,000 miles.

Yes, I know the car is dirty. Had rain recently.
Thanks in advance!
Ron

·
Administrator
2,390 Posts
I've attached the removal guide. There is no reference to replacing just the segments that I can find. Maybe someone else will chime in or you can ask your service advisor. This car has so many one piece units to reduce Maserati inventory.

Attachments

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I got it out easily last night. Just wondering about replacing any lights that are out.
I may just live with it as is. This is stupid!

Ron

·
Premium Member
507 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
At worst buy on ebay a 2nd hand light - 170 dollars

Is it a good idea to purchase a second-hand tail light? Will it be best if he purchases a brand new one.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Hi Dr Ron, if you're a good DIY man, and can handle a soldering iron, you can attempt to split the light open.
To open it you have to put it in the oven at around 80-90DegC, this will soften the sealing compound, then once opened you should be able to access the little LED's.
You can find replacement LED (SMD's) on the net, then solder them in place, re-seal the unit, job done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts