Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings:

First time poster and first time Ghibli owner....have loved the car so far.

My lease is up in another year and I wanted to know if any of the fees I was charged on this past lease are negotiable (negotiable meaning I tell the dealer if he wants to close my next lease sale, he waives the charge):

1. Acquisition fee ($ 795)--is this negotiable?

2. Dealer Document Processing fee ( $ 899)--you are charging me for your creating a required invoice/contract??..I had a career in sales and never charged customers a fee for my completing new item forms for them to consider and add my products to their assortment.

3. Rental surcharge ( $60)...huh?...why am I being charged for a rental car?

4. Electronic filing fee ( $295)...again, why am I paying your employees to do their job??...or is this required by my local DMV and a true cost (similar to a recording fee when buying property??)

Trying to figure out if any of the above 4 items and fees can be avoided when it is time for my next least in another year...if residence matters, I live in South Florida.

Thanks for your inputs.

·
Registered
425 Posts
This is an old thread, but how you want to go about a lease is to negotiate the price of the car as if you were purchasing it. Tell them you want to see the cost basis, the residual value and the money factor. These fees are a shell game and might not be zero'd out, BUT if you negotiate the cost basis down by the amount of these fees (and more hopefully), they are essentially wiping them out. The mistake people make when leasing is just negotiating the monthly payment and not knowing all the inputs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts