Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
knew that coming into the first model of anything would have issues we'll here it goes, yesterday I was leaving to an event as soon as I turned on the car from a cold start I see the (service park brake) glowing in the dash. Electronic Parking brake has been completely disabled not a HUGE deal but defitnatly a bummer since I want everything perfect on a new car.

Taking it to the dealer tomm morning hoping is something stupid, will keep you guys updated on what it is. Has anyone else had this problem?

Attachments

·
Registered
852 Posts
Sounds like an easy fix as the PB is electronic but I am far from an expert. There are others on this site with a lot of mechanical background that can provide more insight.

·
Registered
52 Posts
knew that coming into the first model of anything would have issues we'll here it goes, yesterday I was leaving to an event as soon as I turned on the car from a cold start I see the (service park brake) glowing in the dash. Electronic Parking brake has been completely disabled not a HUGE deal but defitnatly a bummer since I want everything perfect on a new car.

Taking it to the dealer tomm morning hoping is something stupid, will keep you guys updated on what it is. Has anyone else had this problem?
I got the same error today. What was the fix?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got the same error today. What was the fix?
I'll save you some time go to the trunk open the latch were the spare tire goes on the right you'll see the battery disconnect the negative comes out easily by pushing the black button wait 2 min push it back I'm and wala! That's exactly what the dealer is going to do save yourself the drive, they tend to do that because when they read the batt low they go inactive to make sure if ur batt dies it doesn't leave you stranded and no toe because the brake is electronic. This recommendation comes directly from a maserati dealer. Hopes this works for you!

And that's what u call a hard reset

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'll save you some time go to the trunk open the latch were the spare tire goes on the right you'll see the battery disconnect the negative comes out easily by pushing the black button wait 2 min push it back I'm and wala! That's exactly what the dealer is going to do save yourself the drive, they tend to do that because when they read the batt low they go inactive to make sure if ur batt dies it doesn't leave you stranded and no toe because the brake is electronic. This recommendation comes directly from a maserati dealer. Hopes this works for you!

And that's what u call a hard reset
Can you show me exactly what to take out via a picture? Sorry for the trouble but I appreciate the help

·
Administrator
2,554 Posts
I had this picture posted for a another question on how the battery tender hooks up. This is an example of the "red" pushbutton connection on the battery post ... which should be identical to the "black" button/positive connection that mghibli mentions.

Attached Thumbnails

·
Registered
52 Posts
Mghibli mentions negative black switch. This is what I see. Can you point me in the right direction as to which black switch? Pardon my ignorance

Attachments

·
Administrator
2,554 Posts
Sorry, I can't. I'd let Mghibli clarify if he could. There are only two.
The red negative in the picture which easily pops off (I saw the mechanic pop that one off when he installed the Maserati permanent battery tender) and the large black under the (+) cover you removed.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Sorry, I can't. I'd let Mghibli clarify if he could. There are only two.
The red negative in the picture which easily pops off (I saw the mechanic pop that one off when he installed the Maserati permanent battery tender) and the large black under the (+) cover you removed.
Wait, what?

Red is negative, black is positive on this car?

·
Administrator
2,554 Posts
svelte - To confirm red is negative and black is positive on the Ghibli. As marked on battery and confirmed in manual pg56.

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
What were the fixes for the EPB problem? A simple disconnect did not work, what did the dealer do to clear / reset the code?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I had to take the car to the dealer and they had to reprogram something. Simple disconnect didn't work.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts