Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
No clue on that seller. I went with carbon on the top and bottom, leather on the sides with red stitching and the Italian flags colors top-dead-center. Looks great with my red leather interior. The carbon matches well with my OE carbon interior. I was in the process of buying it from a CA company but they suddenly ran into a long lead time which was the main deal breaker and they also required a refundable core deposit. They actually pointed me to an Ebay seller that had an identical steering wheel to what I wanted. I got the feeling it was their supplier over in China. They let me configure it exactly how I wanted (leather, Alcantara, stitching, etc) and didn't require a core deposit either which was amazing because I still have my perfect original wheel. Build quality was great and most importantly they use an OE wheel as the base to start. Some of the cheaper ones don't do that and there are quality and fitment issues. A good test when you get your wheel is to sit in the seat and push and pull hard on the top and bottom and if there is any flex/bending/cracking sounds, get rid of it because it's junk and will likely hurt you in a crash. I tried to bend/break mine and could not. Best interior mod by miles. No regrets. I don't recall exactly how much I paid but pretty sure it was under $1000 shipped.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No clue on that seller. I went with carbon on the top and bottom, leather on the sides with red stitching and the Italian flags colors top-dead-center. Looks great with my red leather interior. The carbon matches well with my OE carbon interior. I was in the process of buying it from a CA company but they suddenly ran into a long lead time which was the main deal breaker and they also required a refundable core deposit. They actually pointed me to an Ebay seller that had an identical steering wheel to what I wanted. I got the feeling it was their supplier over in China. They let me configure it exactly how I wanted (leather, Alcantara, stitching, etc) and didn't require a core deposit either which was amazing because I still have my perfect original wheel. Build quality was great and most importantly they use an OE wheel as the base to start. Some of the cheaper ones don't do that and there are quality and fitment issues. A good test when you get your wheel is to sit in the seat and push and pull hard on the top and bottom and if there is any flex/bending/cracking sounds, get rid of it because it's junk and will likely hurt you in a crash. I tried to bend/break mine and could not. Best interior mod by miles. No regrets. I don't recall exactly how much I paid but pretty sure it was under $1000 shipped.
Thanks, can you send me the link of your purchase on ebay

·
Registered
323 Posts
Reactions: Derick ROY

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have 2 OEM Maserati Ghibli Carbon Fiber Steering Wheels I bought in 2016 for my new Ghibli but never installed. If you message me I can send you pictures. Better than aftermarket as retains original vehicle value and design and no issues with fitment or glitching. Asking About a thousand each was $2000 each as OEM option.
Steve in Camas Washington

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have 2 OEM Maserati Ghibli Carbon Fiber Steering Wheels I bought in 2016 for my new Ghibli but never installed. If you message me I can send you pictures. Better than aftermarket as retains original vehicle value and design and no issues with fitment or glitching. Asking About a thousand each was $2000 each as OEM option.
Steve in Camas Washington
a bit expensive:oops:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts