Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I’m looking at a 2014 maserati ghibli S with heavy modifications done. You may have seen this and may be able to direct me to the thread it’s in as I cannot find it. However it is a carbon matte black one with lime green accents. Claims 525 whp 540 wtq. It has 79k miles which is the highest I’ve seen on any for sale. My main concerns for purchasing as a daily drive is, will this be a fairly reliable daily? How much should I be expecting for basic maintenance? I’m stuck on this specific one and as long as it will hold up as a daily driver and won’t run my pockets too much more than my C5 corvette and STS-V has. Thanks ahead for the info.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you're rolling the dice with any modified vehicle.

Yes I know.. I’m more focused on the longevity of these. Even stock , How many miles will they likely see before they’re shot? I’m not too worried about maintenance or service, mostly the 79k miles and overall reliability of these after 50k.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have 2014 sq4 it has around 73k miles no issues but did replace the transfer case could have cost sh!tload but found a
super low mileage take off unit on ebay and had my trusted mechanic install. Not sure what heavy mods you can do to these cars besides offroad pipe and race chip. I wouldn't mess custom tunes dont trust these motors with 30+ pounds of boost,lol
byw, I have a c6 vette around 600 hp all motor lots of fun lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I’m looking at a 2014 maserati ghibli S with heavy modifications done. You may have seen this and may be able to direct me to the thread it’s in as I cannot find it. However it is a carbon matte black one with lime green accents. Claims 525 whp 540 wtq. It has 79k miles which is the highest I’ve seen on any for sale. My main concerns for purchasing as a daily drive is, will this be a fairly reliable daily? How much should I be expecting for basic maintenance? I’m stuck on this specific one and as long as it will hold up as a daily driver and won’t run my pockets too much more than my C5 corvette and STS-V has. Thanks ahead for the info.
To be honest that’s to many miles you might be able to get a newer one with a lot less miles for a good price and to get a good amount of horse power is not hard at all , all you need is a good tuning and down pipes and you’ll be set I’m running about the same amount of horse power on my ghibli S .

·
Registered
542 Posts
the problem with asking "how many miles can i get out of x car..." with a brand like this, is that they're too new yet still to have amassed the miles statistic we're looking for. highest mileage ghibli i've seen to date is about 90k.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I personally wouldn’t drive a Ghibli that doesn’t have factory warranty remaining and then if purchase the extra year. If you are hung up on HP to the wheels, check out the ECU performance products like the JB4. I don’t have one but I’m thinking about it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts