Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at purchasing a used 2014-2016 Ghibli S Q4 as I'd be using it in Minnesota (thing snow/ice in the winters). I'm looking at those model years as I simply need to stay in the price range of $30-40k and keep mileage hopefully in the mid 20,000's.

Can you tell me anything about recalls/updates or anything else that would be of concern that I should be concerned about with the purchase of 2014-2016 model years? Basically anything I should be asking the dealerships about the car and things to look for..? Based on the research I've done - I can't really tell what the major updates are from 2014 up to at least the 2016 model years. How can I learn about the updates?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Chances are all the campaigns will be completed, especially if the car was a lease originally as it's required to be up-to-date when returned. If you're not buying from a Maserati dealer, you should be able to call one and give them the VIN of the vehicle you're interested in and they should be able to tell you what's is done and what is outstanding. You may not get the full maintenance history but at least the recalls should be logged in their system. I'll include a link below too that Maserati provides for checking recalls with the VIN.

Thinks to look for specifically would be reinforcement of the front struts, front springs for sag, the rear-differential for locking, if the car has Premium sound then look for dynomat like material on the rear deck in the trunk (to help combat vibration), there was also a campaign last year for the gear selector to help ensure it's in Park, and a couple for the fuel system and an electrical one regarding wires under the drive seat I think.

Those are the bigger ones that I remember. There's been lots of smaller ones too and occasional updates to the ECU, TCU and the MTC (audio head unit).

Check these links out too for more into. My 2014 SQ4 has been great so far. Good luck on your search!

https://www.maseratiusa.com/maserati/us/en/shopping-tools/recall-by-vin

https://www.cars.com/recalls/maserati-ghibli-2014/ (just change the year in the URL to see other years)

·
Registered
9 Posts
It's not my first car. I can give you one simple piece of advice. Before buying a car, take a test drive around the city and outside the city. If you feel comfortable driving a car, it will be your car. I used to really like an Audi A5. But it was enough for me to drive 15 minutes around the city to understand it is not my car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts