Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Relatively new here and new to Maserati. I picked up a 2014 SQ4 a few months back and have been using the COVID downtime to mod my Ghibli.

Here's a list of what I've done so far:
  • HRE 3 PC Forged wheels 21"x11.5" R and 21"x 10.5"F
  • H&R Sport Springs
  • Berger Motorsports JB4
  • Full Remus Catback Exhaust
  • BMC Performance Air Filters
  • Carbon Fiber Mirror Covers
I'm pretty happy with all of the mods so far apart from the springs. While the stance is great (no rubbing), it made the ride REALLY harsh and unforgiving, especially in the really sh****y San Francsico roads. Seriously considering taking them out and replacing them with something more a lot more comfortable. Anyone have any recs?

·
Super Moderator
2,182 Posts
Looks nice and sure it sounds nice too!!!
Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: JRemySF

·
Registered
426 Posts
Nice work! Welcome to the forum. I am no expert on suspension, but I think even the stock suspension is harsh. I don't mind harsh if the trade-off is handling, but the Ghibli doesn't stick to the road. Usually the compromise for a hard ride is tight handling. Ghibli is loose. It fine though, it is what it is. Goes fast straight and sounds faster than it is!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice work! Welcome to the forum. I am no expert on suspension, but I think even the stock suspension is harsh. I don't mind harsh if the trade-off is handling, but the Ghibli doesn't stick to the road. Usually the compromise for a hard ride is tight handling. Ghibli is loose. It fine though, it is what it is. Goes fast straight and sounds faster than it is!
Honestly I’d take the stock suspension 10x over from the ride I have now. I’d give up some handling to find something that isn’t so harsh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
426 Posts
Honestly I’d take the stock suspension 10x over from the ride I have now. I’d give up some handling to find something that isn’t so harsh

I get that. Sounds like your ride is pretty hard with your upgrades. I live in pothole ridden NE where all they do is fill them. It’s like driving on a bed of rocks sometimes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I live in LA and guess what, they don't even fill them :)
Ha... yeah San Francisco is the same. In fact, they probably still a few more holes around them. It’s a horrible city to drive in

·
Registered
426 Posts
Ha... yeah San Francisco is the same. In fact, they probably still a few more holes around them. It’s a horrible city to drive in

The pandemic would have been the perfect opportunity to pave roads. I live in a town 10 miles outside Boston, the main road to my street is crap. It’s like an obstacle course and no fun to drive. BUT the same road in my BMW or Infiniti, I barely notice.

Reactions: JRemySF
1 - 8 of 8 Posts