Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all... I have 19" wheels that came with what appear to be standard tyres, I'm thinking of putting on low profile tyres next time round, any issues with this?
Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hello all... I have 19" wheels that came with what appear to be standard tyres, I'm thinking of putting on low profile tyres next time round, any issues with this?
Thanks
Low profile tyres on the same 19" rims, or with 20"/21" rims? If it is the former, it may not be advisable to do it.

PS: I use 19" for winter tyres, but 20" for summer tyres. No problems so far.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i had low profile tires on 22 inch rims. the ride is rougher but the suspension still soaks up almost anything. just watch out for potholes..

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Ghibli SQ4
121 Posts
By tyres you are in the UK or former colonies. You probably don't have the pot holes we have here in the US with shitty roads and frost heaves. But the ride will be stiffer with a lower sidewall and you have to ensure diameters are still the same, front and rear.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank's 73...we won't start a competition 😊 but the pot holes over here are pretty bad too. From what I've been reading I think I will stick with the standard tyre, also less risk of kerbing my lovely wheels. Regards.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts