Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my car into the dealer to have the driver side strut replaced & was told my lower control arm bushings were split & would need replacement. Has anyone ever DIY this? is this something that could be done at a regular mechanic or is this a Maserati-only type thing? I'm doing the brakes & rotors tomorrow to save some money & am wondering if this is something I can do and I don't have a lot of mechanic experience. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
95 Posts
It’s not particularly difficult but does require some tools. Also the entire A arm is replaced as bushings are not available separately afaik. I wouldn’t recommend diy if you are not more versed working with suspensions

·
Registered
25 Posts
Took my car into the dealer to have the driver side strut replaced & was told my lower control arm bushings were split & would need replacement. Has anyone ever DIY this? is this something that could be done at a regular mechanic or is this a Maserati-only type thing? I'm doing the brakes & rotors tomorrow to save some money & am wondering if this is something I can do and I don't have a lot of mechanic experience. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Yes I had my 2017 serviced and I had issues with my bushings and Control arms all replaced under warranty I was told it was an Update for the control arms

1 - 3 of 3 Posts