Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

just wondering if anyone bought the maintenance plan from the dealership and if it's worth it. I got a print out for the Ghibli from the dealership for what is included and the cost for 3 years which is about $1600. The included items seem rather bleak and general. I feel like they are more or less just covering costs for an oil change annually. Any thoughts or experiences on if it's worth it?

·
Registered
242 Posts
If you are leasing, it's not worth it (unless you live in a high rent district with very high labor rates).

the Prepaid maintenance is for 4 services through 50,000 miles
you are more than likely only leasing for 30,000 - 36,000 miles
you will only need two to three of the services.

save the money and get a set of winter tires.

if you are purchasing, then it's worth it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
The finance person at the dealership told me hat there was a 3 year plan for service and if you pay in advance can be purchased at 1/2 advertised cost within the first year. I'm under the impression that the car needs to go in for service once a year regardless of mileage.

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
I am on Long Island and leasing 2015 SQ4 @ 12K per annum (for the reasons I have covered ad nauseum in the forum) and acquired 3 year maintenance as part of the purchase price and also the wheel / tire coverage. Much less grief than having to deal with summer/winter tires rims and the 2015 comes with all seasons; so best of all I can drive aggressively over less than perfect roads and not have to worry about wheel rash,/blowouts or blistering etc so it's all worth it to me

DD

Reactions: Mangirek

·
Administrator
2,572 Posts
I bought the plan as a hedge to be covered. Some of the covered recommended items are expensive. As an early adopter, I overpaid at $1995 for 4 years, (QP rate). The going rate is around $1650 for 4 years.

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
def NOT worth it. the maintenance cost at my dealership is $300 for the annual oil change and maintenance service.

so unless that $1600 is covering something else such as brakes, rotors, etc then its a no brainer that its a rip off. (4) years of paying ala carte would cost you $1200.

the problem is that many dealerships have prices with huge variances in the price of the annual maint package. I have seen anywhere from $300 all the way up to $1200 for a filthy oil change. get real.. anyway its $300 in NJ.

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
IMO, given the lack of a track record fo rthe Ghibli and the history of Italian car reliability it made sense to CYA. The plan covers not just labor required for checking/replacing components, parts and consumables but also replacement - this include for rotors/disks, headlights and cooling system.

Hopefully the 2015 - 2017s will be as reliable as we hope and my purchase of a 2018 would not warrant the prepaid maintenance - although to compete with the Teutons Maserati may have to include / or discount the package anyhow and only sell an extended package for years 5 - 10?

DD

·
Administrator
2,572 Posts
def NOT worth it. the maintenance cost at my dealership is $300 for the annual oil change and maintenance service.

so unless that $1600 is covering something else such as brakes, rotors, etc then its a no brainer that its a rip off. (4) years of paying ala carte would cost you $1200.
I the 4 year premium service program as a hedge on service costs; lots of checks and 4 oil changes, but also called out replacing spark plugs once, air and pollen filters twice, and alternator belt once. If not a do it yourself type of person, I figure the additional items brings the cost to at least breakeven.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts