Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone reset the maintenance light for their 2019 or newer Ghibli? All the videos and tutorials I’ve seen are for 2018 and older.
From what I understand, the process is different for 2019 and newer. Something to do with a different cable for the OBD tool. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

I used an oil extractor for the first time and it worked perfectly. It was really slow, probably because I didn’t warm up the oil first. However, no issues. It was great.

·
Registered
12 Posts
For 2018+ models of all Fiat group (including maserati) vehicles have a “SGW” module installed that prevents anyone without the proper maserati diagnostic tools (though I suspect they do the same thing) from accessing any “bi-directional” features (aka commanding or changing anything, not just scanning codes or logging data). To get around this module, you’ll need a bypass module/harness to plug the two connectors that are plugged into the factory SGW module. Then you’ll need a scan tool or software/obd connector that is capable of bi-directional communication. I use Alfaobd software, it’s truely amazing, you can do way more like activate or change features that your car didn’t originally come with. if you use just the software you’ll need a Bluetooth obd adapter to plug into the car

So to sum up:

1: there is a SGW module that prevents bi directional communication (added to cars due to concerns of hackers hacking their wireless networks and gaining access to control of the vehicle). It is located under the lower “kick” panel, which is super easy totake off. video link below:
Removing kick panel

2: once you gain access to the SGW module (you will see it while laying on your back, looking up, it’s mounted up near the steering column with two connectors plugged into it, that match the plugs on the bypass module. you will need a bypass “harness” or module to plug those connectors from the factory module into to bypass that security feature. There are several vendors or options, but this is the one I used. Link below:
SGW Bypass Module

3: You will need either a dedicated automotive scan tool, or an app with Bluetooth adapter to then plug into your obd port and reset the maintenance interval/light links below to what I have:
https://www.alfaobd.com/. (Only available for android/pc)

OBD Bluetooth adapter recommended by alfaobd

Hope that helps!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts