Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I''ve discovered that I can put the car in manual mode by pushing forward or backward on the shifter while the car is in drive and then I can upshift and downshift like a traditional manual car (sans clutch). So this works sort of like my BMW did except that with the BMW I would pull the shifter to the left to engage manual mode and then if I wanted to go back to automatic I would push the shifter back the right. Worked pretty slick. With the maserati system I can easily get into manual mode but how do I get OUT of manual mode if I want to let the car shift for itself again (e.g. the equivalent to pushing the shifter back to the right in the BMW)?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Two options. Leave it alone for a minute and it will go back into auto mode. If you must gat back to auto ASAP, press the manual button and then press it again to disengage manual.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Or press ICE mode and it will go right back to "automatic drive" mode then if you want disengage just Re-press the button...

·
Registered
324 Posts
When not in Sport Mode, the transmission isn't really in full manual mode while in "Manual" Mode. Just keep driving; it will revert back to automatic mode as soon as the RPM delta triggers a gear change.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I remember reading in another thread how you can hit the paddle shift while in auto and if you do not shift it will revert back to auto?
Do you see a reminder light come on indicating to shift?
(In sport mode only)

·
Registered
159 Posts
I've found that the car makes a nice exhaust boom. Around 4000 revs (the exhaust starts to get really loud in sports mode), upshift and give the acceleration a short sharp press.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts