Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm now becoming very worried, and I'm hoping some people can put my mind at ease. Make no mistake, I love my new Ghibli, but I'm not happy about some of the performance issues I have been having:

- Squeaky brakes (at low speeds)
- Satellite radio keeps cutting out
- Poor sound system (lots of rattling from the speakers)
- Drop window issue (window drops, but sometimes when I close the door it doesn't go back up)

Tbh, for 90k+ no one should be having these issues. Please tell me there have been some fixes for this, or if anyone have gotten any of these issues resolved.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I'm now becoming very worried, and I'm hoping some people can put my mind at ease. Make no mistake, I love my new Ghibli, but I'm not happy about some of the performance issues I have been having:

- Squeaky brakes (at low speeds)
- Satellite radio keeps cutting out
- Poor sound system (lots of rattling from the speakers)
- Drop window issue (window drops, but sometimes when I close the door it doesn't go back up)

Tbh, for 90k+ no one should be having these issues. Please tell me there have been some fixes for this, or if anyone have gotten any of these issues resolved.
Squakey brakes - normal for this size Brembos until they are broken in.
Sat radio - many reported here, can be fixed with an antenna replacement some dealers have been doing. Maserati is still developing official fix.
Sound system fix - go to the dealer they will insulate your sub
Drop window issue happened to me once - and never happened again. I've never heard anyone else report it, you're the second one here on the forum aside from me.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Also since you mentioned that you're in Illinois, did you purchase from LFSC? If so they do NOT have an official fix for the Sat Radio issue, and wont address it until Maserati issues a service bulletin (which they are supposed to at some point)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Also since you mentioned that you're in Illinois, did you purchase from LFSC? If so they do NOT have an official fix for the Sat Radio issue, and wont address it until Maserati issues a service bulletin (which they are supposed to at some point)
I purchased my car from Continental Auto Sports in Hinsdale, IL

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've had the drop window issue, and I believe someone else mentioned it. My dealer is aware of the issue as it is also happening on the new QPs. He will reinstall the software when I go in to get the sat radio fix.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've had the drop window issue, and I believe someone else mentioned it. My dealer is aware of the issue as it is also happening on the new QPs. He will reinstall the software when I go in to get the sat radio fix.
I love cars, but I'm not up on the lingo, "QP"?

·
Registered
324 Posts
There is a host of issues in addition to the ones mentioned here...
  • An assortment of rattling / vibrating sounds
  • Various MTS issues (iPhone connectivity etc)
  • Cylinder misfires
  • Hood isn't securely seated
  • Etc.

It would be nice to maintain a single list of common issues in a dedicated thread post. I'm too lazy to own it, but will if no one else steps forward.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I purchased my car from Continental Auto Sports in Hinsdale, IL
Here's the good news, Continental Auto Sports (I'm pretty familiar with them) has a wonderful reputation…they will take care of you. If you have a bad experience with them, Lake Forest Sports Cars is wonderful also…they are the other reputable Maserati dealer in Chicago. The "other one" is not.

You will have these minor quirks with the car…two things; it's a new model and it's Italian. I hate to say it but these two things are playing a part here.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here's the good news, Continental Auto Sports (I'm pretty familiar with them) has a wonderful reputation…they will take care of you. If you have a bad experience with them, Lake Forest Sports Cars is wonderful also…they are the other reputable Maserati dealer in Chicago. The "other one" is not.

You will have these minor quirks with the car…two things; it's a new model and it's Italian. I hate to say it but these two things are playing a part here.
I dropped my car off at Continental and the service guys there are very nice. Gave them a list of my issues, then they asked if I've ever had a Italian car, I said no, and we both had a chuckle. I understand that the newness factor and "italian" are a crazy cocktail. I will keep you posted of what occurred when I receive my car back. Thanks for the other dealer suggestions anderson_b76

·
Registered
46 Posts
JamesMay started a thread for this purpose some time back: http://www.ghibliforum.com/forum/maserati-ghibli-general-discussion/3265-updates-ghibli-fixes.html

My car is at the dealer now, for fixes to the windows drop, subwoofer rattle, and steering column rattle. Will post their fixes when I get the car back.

There is a host of issues in addition to the ones mentioned here...
  • An assortment of rattling / vibrating sounds
  • Various MTS issues (iPhone connectivity etc)
  • Cylinder misfires
  • Hood isn't securely seated
  • Etc.

It would be nice to maintain a single list of common issues in a dedicated thread post. I'm too lazy to own it, but will if no one else steps forward.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Fix for the sub rattle: dealer added insulation to the "parcel shelf", and added DynaMat to the underside of the speaker mount inside the trunk. Bass thumps pretty good now, and absolutely no rattle. There is a tech tip from Maserati addressing this issue.

Windows drop: dealer simply reinitialized the sensor that controls the drop/raise.

Steering column rattle: this is the low-rpm rattle you hear under light throttle. Dealer confirmed it's from turbo waste gate and nothing they can do. Said mine was fairly faint, compared to other Ghiblis he had heard.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts