Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how to avoid paying a US dealer $500 to update maps in the 2017 QP navigation system?

Registered
I'm sorry but without an answer for 2 days I've got to say it. Plug in a USB cable into your phone and use Android Auto. Always updated 馃槑馃

Administrator
Thanks for sharing, I've started using Android Auto.
Unfortunately, starting in 2017 Maserati changed out the head unit so it is no longer tied to Chrysler UConnect. That was our way around the dealer service fee.
Some folks were successful with unlocking the Nav unit and using torrent shared files for free upgrades ... but not heard of anyone doing that on the newer generations,

Registered
2018 Maserati Ghibli SQ4
I gave up on dealer updates and bought a Garmin with lifetime maps a few years ago. Works great and is portable among my five cars. It's nice to have only one interface and my phone free for calls if needed. But Waze and Googlemaps also work fine.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I gave up on dealer updates and bought a Garmin with lifetime maps a few years ago. Works great and is portable among my five cars. It's nice to have only one interface and my phone free for calls if needed. But Waze and Googlemaps also work fine.
Thanks for the idea!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts