Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am considering having my 3.0 diesel Ghibli mapped. It has been suggested to me that there could be two maps, one for normal mode and one for sport mode. Any advice on mapping would be great.

·
Administrator
2,572 Posts
It all depends on your tuner and the access to the "expensive" vehicle full maps. Some tuners have standard programs they load, while others can make very specific custom changes to the code.

I don't have experience with the diesel, but know when I had mine tuned the normal mode felt more aggressive with much of the benefits really kicking in when pressing the accelerator down. Sport mode just amplified the sound and feeling sooner. There is a lot a tuner can do depending on your preferences.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It all depends on your tuner and the access to the "expensive" vehicle full maps. Some tuners have standard programs they load, while others can make very specific custom changes to the code.

I don't have experience with the diesel, but know when I had mine tuned the normal mode felt more aggressive with much of the benefits really kicking in when pressing the accelerator down. Sport mode just amplified the sound and feeling sooner. There is a lot a tuner can do depending on your preferences.
Thanks for that. Will let you know what happens when I get it done!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Had Ghibli mapped today. Had stage 1, increased bhp to 328 and torque to 442.
Awesome, I recommend it!

·
Administrator
2,572 Posts
Awesome, I recommend it!
Glad your enjoying the new tune and hopefully feel!! When I had mine done it felt like a different car and made me think I could never go back to the old less powerful experience.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Hi BJ, 442 lbf ft ~600Nm is the original torque in Sport mode. I think there is an error in the number.
Mine almost does 500 lbf ft ~670 Nm slightly more as I had to remove the torque limiteur which is set at 670, I was getting MIL light due to over torque. The ZF is rated 700Nm.
HP is around 315-320. My EGR valve is closed, but I left the DPF and DEF alone.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi BJ, 442 lbf ft ~600Nm is the original torque in Sport mode. I think there is an error in the number.
Mine almost does 500 lbf ft ~670 Nm slightly more as I had to remove the torque limiteur which is set at 670, I was getting MIL light due to over torque. The ZF is rated 700Nm.
HP is around 315-320. My EGR valve is closed, but I left the DPF and DEF alone.
Sorry, torque should have said 527 not 442!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Awesome, I recommend it!
Hi sounds good we're did you get it done .
IV had a plug and play one from Italy made a difference for sure but would like it done like yours. 😊

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I live in Cheshire and it was done on the Wirral which I would imagine is a bit far for you but you are welcome to have the details if you wish. I went to this guy because his reviews were fantastic and he does not rip you off! Let me know if you want the details.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts