Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy new year!

Hubby and I bought our first Maser the day after Christmas (thanks to son's prodding about the Ghibli) and we couldn't be happier!

Had been looking to replace Saab 9-5 wagon, so we considered E350 wagon, Audi A-7 and the new 3 series GT. Then we drove the Q4 (especially sold on the sport pack) and said arrivederrici to the Germans.

We live in northern VA where mercs, audis and BMWs are ubiquitous. We've already had folks ask us about the car, so it is definitely getting noticed.

In case you're driving around NOVA, we're the Q4 in silk black.

La dolce vita :cool:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Happy new year!

Hubby and I bought our first Maser the day after Christmas (thanks to son's prodding about the Ghibli) and we couldn't be happier!

Had been looking to replace Saab 9-5 wagon, so we considered E350 wagon, Audi A-7 and the new 3 series GT. Then we drove the Q4 (especially sold on the sport pack) and said arrivederrici to the Germans.

We live in northern VA where mercs, audis and BMWs are ubiquitous. We've already had folks ask us about the car, so it is definitely getting noticed.

In case you're driving around NOVA, we're the Q4 in silk black.

La dolce vita :cool:
welcome aboard captain slow!

post some pictures of your silky italian stallion ;) congrats on the new rig :D

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Silky Italian Stallion - sounds great!

BTW, my moniker is directed toward my driving style relative to my husband's more Clarkson-esque style (and subsequent tickets as testament). I also have longer hair than he does.

Hubby Clarkson will need to post pics as I am hopelessly old-fashioned about such technology.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Never knew that was the situation with euro cars where you live. Do people like it?
Any idea what the dealer allocation number was like at your dealer?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The car gets looks every time we take her out. It's kind of amazing how some drivers stare at it. Our other car is a black 911, and the Ghibli seems to get a lot more notice.

Don't have any idea what our dealer allocation number was. When we looked, there were at least 4 other Ghiblis. We were only interested in the Q4. Only real decision was whether to get the sport pack or not. After test driving with and without, definitely agreed that sport pack was necessary. I guess we got lucky b/c Maser of Wash DC had a car that we would have spec'ed out if we wanted to order.

The dealership was really great. We feel that we got a more than fair trade-in value, plus we were given a discount without even asking.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts