Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Maserati is offering 19 inch A/S sports tire as a part of their special offer, for people with Summer only sports tire.

With the offer, you can get the 19 inch Michelin Pilot A/S 3 tires for 516$ + 50$ freight.[

This offer expires 12/31/2014

I had just ordered mine and would be getting them installed and aligned for 100$ from my dealer.

Please contact your dealers for more details on this offer.

I think its for 18 inch tires as well (different price of course.. not sure about 20 inch.)

·
Registered
666 Posts
Maserati is offering 19 inch A/S sports tire as a part of their special offer, for people with Summer only sports tire.

With the offer, you can get the 19 inch Michelin Pilot A/S 3 tires for 516$ + 50$ freight.[

This offer expires 31/12/2014

I had just ordered mine and would be getting them installed and aligned for 100$ from my dealer.

Please contact your dealers for more details on this offer.

I think its for 18 inch tires as well (different price of course.. not sure about 20 inch.)
how come only for 3 tires? do they expect us to use summer tire on the 4th

·
Registered
265 Posts
Wish I could find an all season 18...

They don't seem to exist. Have to switch back and forth from winter to summer. Sucks.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I did checked and unfortunately they have 18 inch Winter only..

·
Registered
186 Posts
@flamingwicky - are the tires readily available or do you need to order them and wait? Could be a deal breaker since the winter is just around the corner. Otherwise - a nice offer! I will check with my dealer tomorrow.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They are not readily available, they take around 2 days to ship and then they can put it on. So the fast you can talk the fast you can get the tires.

·
Registered
186 Posts
@flamingwicky - may I ask who is your dealer? Mine does not know nothing about it and quotes the set at almost $900. I am calling Maserati now and I will try to find out what is going on.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Update:
I spoke with a nice lady from Maserati NA and she was not aware of any promotional offer. On the other hand, she was even not aware of the winter tires promotional offer for the Sottozeros (and we know that it exists). She just suggested to contact the dealer and we are pretty much at the dealers' mercy when it comes to prices, promotions etc. It is really annoying. Maserati NA needs to take some leadership here!

·
Registered
178 Posts
When your bought your Maserati Ghibli you took a chance on a small Italian manufacturer that exists in a laid-back Italian culture. The dealer franchises that agreed to sell these vehicles exist in a get-it-done-today U.S. society and therein lies the conflict. Maserati NA will probably not be able to solve this problem of satisfying buyers complaints and expectations. So we're on our own with fixing concerns such as these tires, which I've had to deal with. Spending and extra $2,300 or more on new 19" wheels and tires to replace the 18 inchers is not something I wanted to do but had to. Hopefully most buyers will agree that owning this car is worth the problems associated with it.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's Valenti Maserati of Hartford in CT. I am paying 516$ for the tires and 53$ for shipping and 100$ for installation and balancing.

@flamingwicky - may I ask who is your dealer? Mine does not know nothing about it and quotes the set at almost $900. I am calling Maserati now and I will try to find out what is going on.

·
Registered
186 Posts
@flamingwicky - thank you so much! I wonder if your dealer offers it to any other Maserati owner or only to those who bought the car from them. I will check it out.
@Barbalace - good points, but that nice lady did not sound Italian at all >:D
I am European, but I think I fully absorbed the get-it-done-today U.S. culture :D
I totally understand your frustration with the tires situation. I am on that topic since I bought the car and I am exhausted. So far I still like the car!

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
@lucmed I did not buy the car from them, but they still offered me the promotion. Pretty nice dealership i would say. They even install my battery tender for 150 bucks.

Reactions: Mangirek

·
Administrator
2,554 Posts
Valenti Maserati must be new ... I had not heard of them before. I recall from my old days in CT, the Valenti name was reputable in the used car business.

That is a great price too for the whole package you referenced plus the battery tender for a Maserati dealer. Some of the luxury dealers, (like Jag) in Hartford are pretty price gouging. We actually have our CT garaged Jag XKR serviced in PA.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Valenti is a group of dealers with other brands as well, and they have JAG as well. They just have got the Maserati dealership in June 2014. Their new showroom is getting built and all. Pricing is very good in terms of deals.

Also they are moving their inventory pretty nicely. I talked to the service advisor about the wastgate fix and he got to me by a day and told me to bring in the car since he talked to Maserati about it and they were sending him the fix. Also there is another fix which MNA is about to release he got that as well and will be putting that in my car as well..

So overall pretty proactive in service, even though i have not bought the car from them.

·
Registered
186 Posts
To follow up - I spoke with a service person at Valenti and I have to absolutely agree - extremely helpful despite the fact that I am even not going to use their services due to the distance (and I was upfront about it).
He clearly explained the promotion (finally!) and gave me good advices. Way to go!
I would like to confirm - the promotion flamingwicky described is ongoing till the end of December and dealers suppose to offer 50% off all-season Michelin Pilot A/S 3 sets. What upsets me is that when I called Maserati NA the lady did not know anything about it and it took several phone calls and 1/2 day investigation - and of course a lead from a great forum member (thanks, flamingwicky!) - to sort it out.
The problem is that the Michelin tires are on back order till the end of November so run to your dealers if you want to take advantage of the promotion - they may have some sets in their own stocks.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts