Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

Maserati America Loaner Car Program

7K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  ghiblihater 
#1 ·
I was so happy back in May or June when I was told from the dealer that Maserati America has started a loaner car program. I was able to get the loaner Ghibli SQ4 couple times since then. However when I stopped by today in the same dealer they said there is no loaner car from Maserati. They said Maserati America never offered the loaner car program once. They refused to give me further explanation. I can't believe what they are saying as I saw many peple taking that loaner car including myself!!
Does anyone have any information on this? Did they really disconinue with the loaner car program? Or was my dealer making this up when they said there was one back in May?

Thanks

#3 ·
My dealer had a couple of Ghibli "loaner cars..... I'm not sure if they are supported by Maserati or if they are provided by the dealer without any incentives.

#5 ·
Dealer offered loaner Maserati everytime or option to pick-up my car and leave a loaner ... we'll see what I get next week. Website used to advertise getting a Ghibli loaner with any service.

#7 ·
We have never had a loaner car! When dealer was in Wynn hotel they would give a rental voucher if necessary for car desk in hotel. Current dealer does no loaners even thought they are RR, Bentley, Aston Martin, Ferrari, Maserati! They will drive me home and pick me up to retrieve car. This company has 2 Dodge dealerships and also Fiat. I've suggested a few Dodge Chargers might solve some of the problem for short services, a day or two! How they don't give owners of $200k+ a loaner is beyond me. My Jag dealer always has Jag loaners, usually a XF! And Audi did also! Merc too.Maserati is slowly fading back to a very small volume driven buy deep discounts of apparently over priced cars. Hardly any GT and GTS, small number of Quattroporte's, and decreasing Ghibli. '14 are starting to come to end of 36 month leases from big 1st year and wiil add a big number of low priced cars to market. I got a trade quote against a '17 S from a large volume Socal dealer of $40k( orig msrp in '14 $78k) with 11.5k miles and $14k off of $86k sticker, even this early in year. They say they only keep 2-3 used as deals and leases and incentives to them drive more new. Since used GT and GTS are really low that is what they mostly sell used. They don't do loaner cars either!

#8 ·
My Ghibli was in several times the beginning of last year for warranty issues and the dealer gave me a loaner car every time. The first time for 2 days it was a 2015 Ghibli, the 2nd time for a few days they drove me to their Toyota dealer and gave me a Toyota Camry, the 3rd time which was for over 2 weeks it was a 2016 Ghibli. I never knew the Maserati loaner cars were not really loaner cars but actually rental cars until I was picking up a rental for work at the local Enterprise office, it was the last trip of the year so I upgraded to a Cadillac ATS. The Enterprise guy told me if I really wanted an upgrade I could rent one of their Maserati Ghiblis, he said they own 2 and are kept at the Maserati dealer, if they are not being rented the dealer has the option of using them as loaner cars but pays Enterprise a reduced daily rate and in turn performs all the service on the cars for free. That is an interesting arrangement, will have to ask about it when I get my 1 year service performed in the next few weeks, not that I need a loner for that as I work about the length of a city block from the dealer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.