Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would love it if my black carpet mats had a red trident or a Maserati script on them, but for the life of me, Maserati does not sell these and they certainly have a stranglehold on copyright infringement. The only option I found was the direct car toy website for the German velour, but I don't want to drop $400 on these. Just simply two front mats with some official branding?

·
Super Moderator
2,182 Posts
I would love it if my black carpet mats had a red trident or a Maserati script on them, but for the life of me, Maserati does not sell these and they certainly have a stranglehold on copyright infringement. The only option I found was the direct car toy website for the German velour, but I don't want to drop $400 on these. Just simply two front mats with some official branding?
I did use Direct Car Toys for my mats, (and other parts like spoiler and rear diffuser). They look great and held up nice. You should be able to get just two mats for the front. Sometimes, Omar will offers discounts.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did use Direct Car Toys for my mats, (and other parts like spoiler and rear diffuser). They look great and held up nice. You should be able to get just two mats for the front. Sometimes, Omar will offers discounts.
Yeah I caught that you had them and were happy with them during my search here, Toshy would be proud of me.

They do look nice. Glad to here they have held up. I think the thread I read where you got them was a few years old. So they look more genuine and OEM than the pics on there site? I thought the red looked a little off.

Wouldn’t you think Maserati would make a mat with some type of stitched branding on it?

I’ll reach out to Direct and see if I can get a discount. Maybe I’ll save the purchase for my kids or girlfriend for my birthday or something like I think you did.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Did you add the heel pad and how do these fasten down? Do they incorporate the two posts that the OEM one's do? Right now, my configuration is black carpet, red trident and I can't decide on whether to do red edge or leave it black. My interior is black with red stitching. Wondering if the red edge will be too much. Love to hear opinions?

·
Super Moderator
2,182 Posts
Did you add the heel pad and how do these fasten down? Do they incorporate the two posts that the OEM one's do? Right now, my configuration is black carpet, red trident and I can't decide on whether to do red edge or leave it black. My interior is black with red stitching. Wondering if the red edge will be too much. Love to hear opinions?
My mat version have no fasteners or heel edge. I only use them in good weather, so have a second generic set with part carpet and rubber for when it's dirty / wet out. They are cleated like typical mats so I put on top of the factory mats ... never had a problem with slippage. Every time I go into dealer they put custom mats in trunk so their is only one set on floor, (safety reasons).

I used the black carpet, (which I have), and reasonably matched the logo and edge trim to my leather seats, (cuoio) and it looks really nice.

The red edge would definitely standout (more sporty)) ... mats are on floor, so red edge not likely to scream red as much as you would think ... but IMO just the red trident with black maybe more classy so not to take away from trident.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My mat version have no fasteners or heel edge. I only use them in good weather, so have a second generic set with part carpet and rubber for when it's dirty / wet out. They are cleated like typical mats so I put on top of the factory mats ... never had a problem with slippage. Every time I go into dealer they put custom mats in trunk so their is only one set on floor, (safety reasons).

I used the black carpet, (which I have), and reasonably matched the logo and edge trim to my leather seats, (cuoio) and it looks really nice.

The red edge would definitely standout (more sporty)) ... mats are on floor, so red edge not likely to scream red as much as you would think ... but IMO just the red trident with black maybe more classy so not to take away from trident.
Thank you sir as always. I reached out to them yesterday via their web contact form. Haven't heard back. Hoping for a slight discount. I'm still debating the red edge or not. Safest approach would be black edge because I know I would be fine with that, red edge maybe not and these obviously aren't returnable.

I use Weather Tech from October-April. These would be my nice weather mats. The OEM's are in new condition. Interesting that you put these over your OEM's. I would think they wouldn't sit well and would be visibly raised? If I were to go this route, I think red edge would exaggerate them being on top of other mats. I am pretty sure the post hold downs can be removed?

·
Super Moderator
2,182 Posts
Interesting that you put these over your OEM's. I would think they wouldn't sit well and would be visibly raised? If I were to go this route, I think red edge would exaggerate them being on top of other mats. I am pretty sure the post hold downs can be removed?
These mats are thin like the factory mats. In my case, they securely cover (overlap) the factory mats without looking visibly raised.

Reactions: Joe-Ghibli
1 - 7 of 7 Posts