Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi team,

So it happen. Yesterday the MY15 maserati ghibli sq4 got hit by a lexus doing a two lane left turn over me. They assuming all fault for it.
Hit area: rear right side.
Preliminary damaged:
  • Rear Quarter panel passenger side needs replacement.
  • New wheel replacement need it.
  • Rear bumper scratches.
  • Rear passenger door scratches.

Thanks to God after years is the first time the maserati got hit.
Sucks and im devastated because i take care of it.

Any recommendations. On replacement parts, painting the car and other.
Any help will be helpful.
Also im in Northern NJ. Any body shop recommended?
Thank you,
Rich
0DC64A9A-A577-44F3-B238-3979588C6852.jpeg
D208C704-228B-4FF2-BAEE-F339C0592F94.jpeg

·
Registered
468 Posts
Having a perfectly fine drive-able car with minor visual damages totaled sucks. Don't I know. My BMW is totaled because it needs a front M bumper and some minor fender work. Insurance gave me the money and told me to keep the car. It's my daily.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Having a perfectly fine drive-able car with minor visual damages totaled sucks. Don't I know. My BMW is totaled because it needs a front M bumper and some minor fender work. Insurance gave me the money and told me to keep the car. It's my daily.
How were you able to drive it again? Just fix the bumper? Did they gave you what the car was valued?

·
Registered
468 Posts
How were you able to drive it again? Just fix the bumper? Did they gave you what the car was valued?
It's an older BMW, so what it was worth to enthusiasts wasn't what is was worth to insurance. In hindsight I should have had an agreed upon value policy. Did I get what I wanted for it? **** no, but I got a payout and I got to keep the car with a VIN that supposedly is marked total loss. They gave me $6,000 for it, before the accident I probably could have got $9,000. The damage from an OEM new part perspective was $5,800 at a high end shop which I chose because I thought it was getting fixed.

The car was parked and a FedEx holiday help driver in a Penske Box truck clipped the fender and ripped off the front bumper. The car is totally drivable, albeit ugly. I am trying to get it fixed on the cheaper side. It was supposed to go to the local vocational high school for the kids to repair right before the virus shut down the school. Pic right after the truck clipped it. No left fog light and no parking sensors, ugly but functional.

I don't think they will be giving you the money for your Ghibli and telling you to keep it though. Maybe.

Pic1.jpg

·
Registered
333 Posts
i got brushed against by a bus . messed up the driver fender ,bumper and wheel. No damage to hood grill or suspension. The body shop replaced hood, both fenders, grill, badges etc. I was actually pretty pissed that they took advantage of the insurance company in my opinion. cost almost $30,000. Was shocked that insurance company did it. Thank God the bus driver was in the wrong and they covered it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i got brushed against by a bus . messed up the driver fender ,bumper and wheel. No damage to hood grill or suspension. The body shop replaced hood, both fenders, grill, badges etc. I was actually pretty pissed that they took advantage of the insurance company in my opinion. cost almost $30,000. Was shocked that insurance company did it. Thank God the bus driver was in the wrong and they covered it.
Wow yea 30k is a lot. Some body shops take advantage. It happen to me before with a different car.
Did they give you the value of your car? Was the first estimate at 30k or was that after all supplements?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's an older BMW, so what it was worth to enthusiasts wasn't what is was worth to insurance. In hindsight I should have had an agreed upon value policy. Did I get what I wanted for it? **** no, but I got a payout and I got to keep the car with a VIN that supposedly is marked total loss. They gave me $6,000 for it, before the accident I probably could have got $9,000. The damage from an OEM new part perspective was $5,800 at a high end shop which I chose because I thought it was getting fixed.

The car was parked and a FedEx holiday help driver in a Penske Box truck clipped the fender and ripped off the front bumper. The car is totally drivable, albeit ugly. I am trying to get it fixed on the cheaper side. It was supposed to go to the local vocational high school for the kids to repair right before the virus shut down the school. Pic right after the truck clipped it. No left fog light and no parking sensors, ugly but functional.

I don't think they will be giving you the money for your Ghibli and telling you to keep it though. Maybe.

View attachment 20305
Thanks for the info. Yea i really hope they don't totaled the car because deff wont get what i paid for. Since it has depreciated over 60% now. And if i cant keep it.
Waiting on the adjuster now

·
Registered
333 Posts
the body shops know how much they can get from insurance company. If you want them to save the car they know what they can get away with charging.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update...
So thankfully and surprisingly they valued the car at 48k (2015) still half what i paid for. Sucks. But i thought it will be much lower, since used you find them for like 30k around here. Repairs were about 15k. Is almost done. Just worried about the battery bc hasnt been driven in about 1 month now. And i had so many battery problems.
Thanks to everyone that gave me tips. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Update...
So thankfully and surprisingly they valued the car at 48k (2015) still half what i paid for. Sucks. But i thought it will be much lower, since used you find them for like 30k around here. Repairs were about 15k. Is almost done. Just worried about the battery bc hasnt been driven in about 1 month now. And i had so many battery problems.
Thanks to everyone that gave me tips. I appreciate it.
That’s great news. Wow, they valued it at $48k huh? That’s good because the consider anything over 60% of the value a total. 2015s are selling below $30k around here. Glad it all worked out.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That’s great news. Wow, they valued it at $48k huh? That’s good because the consider anything over 60% of the value a total. 2015s are selling below $30k around here. Glad it all worked out.
Thank you Joe! Yea i was very surprised. Idk if it was because i only have 20k miles, no accidents before this one and every option. But im just glad it was totaled because i like mine. Might get the wife a new thought. Maserati for life!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts