Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I created this thread with this intent.

As we purchase or deal with service issues we can post an entry for each dealer we use and then use like :)or dislike :(etc to give other forum members the benefit of our collective experiences.:D

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
MASERATI OF LONG ISLAND
Address: 65 South Service Road 11803 - Plainview - NY
Tel: 888-769-9216
Fax: 516-671-0569

Dis-interested sales staff with regard to Ghibli
No folow-up
Ill informed sales staff

NOT recommended for purchase

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WIDE WORLD OF CARS
Address: 101 Route 59 East 10977 - SPRING VALLEY - NY
Tel: 845-425-2600
Fax: 845-503-2337

So far so good, responsive, educated and fair pricing

·
Registered
852 Posts
Maserati of Manhattan

Excellent Sales Staff
Excellent Service Staff

Pre-sales communication outstanding..............gave me a deal I was happy with and without hassle.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Maserati of Central NJ

Disinterested in Ghibli sales
Non-Responsive
Had salesman leave firm and no pick up until weeks later

This dealer is 10 minutes from my house and I choose to go to Manhattan.

·
Registered
312 Posts
:)
Maserati of the Mainline

Great buying experience.
No sales pressure.
Everyone has been very friendly from the moment we first walked in the door.
Took the time to find several cars for me to choose from.
Good communication and follow up.
Agreed to the price I was willing to pay.
The ONLY downside is they're lot is tiny so they don't have a lot of cars.
But I think that'll change as they sell more.
Every time I'm there or drive by I see more Ghiblis on the lot.

(Extra plus for me...they're 5 minutes from my home & business)

·
Registered
852 Posts
For sake of full disclosure my understanding is that Long Island and Manhattan are the same ownership. However, with the expansion of the Manhattan dealership to two locations which then also became exclusive to Maserati........Leaving Long Island to focus on Ferrari which in my mind (and in no way a defense) are two completely different buyers and from a salesman's perspective I could see the cold shoulder being given to selling a Ghible versus a Ferrari..............Ghibli brings a new kind of buyer to Maserati and the smart dealerships will realize that they need to accommodate and embrace this new type of buyer............which the salesmen of Maserati of Manhatten have done......I literally wrote 100 emails during my decision process before pulling the trigger.........and I got responses even on Saturday and Sunday......no question was too small or stupid and I was always treated with respect.....and the same continued after I pulled the trigger......and to be honest did not expect the response I received..............This is a great thread because there will be two responses by Dealers to this car...............they will embrace it or they will not and why you shop dealerships as they all have personalities that are reflected in their sales approach........some good some bad and you need to find the Dealer that suits you......hopefully this thread will assist.

·
Registered
312 Posts
:(
FC Kerbeck

Made several attempts to make a deal with them.
They wouldn't talk price without me driving there. **
Really pushed to sell cars they had in stock.
Didn't even make an attempt to try to find the car I wanted, said it was special order only :confused:

** I have bought so many cars over the years without setting foot into a dealership until it was time to pick up the car. How, in this internet age, can FC Kerbeck still think they can get away with "we'll talk price when you get here". I'm busy. We're all busy these days. There's no time to drive an hour each way and then sit around a dealership while they "figure out" the best price. Those practices are antiquated!

·
Registered
305 Posts
H R Owen St Albans UK :|

Good pre sale experience. Vincenzo.
Messed up date of delivery but delivered to work and spent plenty of time setting things up for me, plus a bottle of Champagne.

Tried to make me pay £250 extra for tracker subscription they had missed a month after purchase.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Wide world of Maserati Spring Valley :D
Salesman: Shimon Kada

Responsive during each step of the process
Excellent communication and follow-ups constant emails and calls. Great job!
Even suggested NOT to add certain options based upon my needs, honest and fair.
Pricing was excellent
They did everything to get car delivered in time
They were just as excited in delivering the car as I am about getting it
I have recommended a number of people and will continue to

Maserati of Central Jersey :(
Unresponsive
Inflexible pricing ( claimed Penske dealerships do not discount)
Lacked interest once you left the dealership
More snooty (I drove in in a Sonata and walked into dealership and no one came up to me to even ask if I needed help, I had to go to supervisor to ask for assistance and got a trainee. I knew more about the car, it's specs and options than he did..)

·
Registered
112 Posts
(for those of you who live within reasonable driving distance of only one dealership, you may want to go lightly / not at all on the negative side of that dealership. You'll be tied to them for the next several years via the warranty and who knows who reads this forum. :) )
Good point but it does create a dilemma. I want my dealer to be aware of any issues I might have, but I prefer to discuss that with the manager. However, Ghibli dealers do have, as Etodd states so well, a clientele that may be different than the typical Ferrari buyer.

Nonetheless, thoughtful feedback should benefit everyone. (And that is what I find on these posts.) I am surprised by the attitude of those dealers who refuse to offer deals -- in this internet age they should know that approach won't help their sales.

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Understood - that situation is true for all makes and marques of course. The attitiudes of dealerships run the gamut from 5 star across the board for pre-sales and service all the way to those with a take it or leave it attitude and old fashioned sales pitches - especially for exotics or cars with an image of high reliability, where they often refuse to or say they are unable to discount MSRP pricing.

If one is considering a car only available through one local dealer - then IMO in general that car had better be reliable or the dealership have a good service track record or one should be walking away from the purchase. However in the case of Maserati, given their 5 year plan to reach 75,000 units per annum, I think appropriate feedback to Maserati NA from the forum with regard to dealerships' performance gives us leverage at this time and the ability for some dealer 'attitude adjustment'.

DD

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
:(
FC Kerbeck

Made several attempts to make a deal with them.
They wouldn't talk price without me driving there. **
Really pushed to sell cars they had in stock.
Didn't even make an attempt to try to find the car I wanted, said it was special order only :confused:

** I have bought so many cars over the years without setting foot into a dealership until it was time to pick up the car. How, in this internet age, can FC Kerbeck still think they can get away with "we'll talk price when you get here". I'm busy. We're all busy these days. There's no time to drive an hour each way and then sit around a dealership while they "figure out" the best price. Those practices are antiquated!
i had the exact OPPOSITE experience w/ FC Kerbeck. for me, FCK hooked it up nicely.

they explained the car, they gave me nice price from the start, they lowered the price even further to seal the deal (10% off), they had all the paperwork printed and ready for signature before i arrived saving me a few hours of my time, the sales rep gave me his cell #, offered to pick me up at work on the day of the delivery to avoid me having to get a ride to the dealership, did follow up and reported my concerns to the svc dept and had the svc team contact me, sales rep worked with svc dept to try to find a remedy to having my calipers painted.

i think many of times, its the salesman who is the problem, not the dealership itself. if the dealership had a problem w/ a ghibli buyer, they wouldnt even bother to sell them. however a sales rep, may feel like he is wasting his time since his commission is 50% lower then selling a GT, and 500% lower then selling a ferrari. in this case, you ask to speak to a MGR, state your concerns, and have them appoint you a new salesman. i am certain that if a salesman gets enough complaints, he will no longer be employed, then he can use his precious time to do whatever he wants!

you must also understand that often times they do not give pricing out over the phone since each car comes w/ different options. time and time again, people go online and find a black chevy priced at $10k, then they go to another dealership and see the same black chevy priced at $15k and try to get it lowered. however car #1 has no options, and car #2 is fully loaded.

dealer also try to avoid the back and fourth game of: client calls dealer #1 for price, then calls dealer #2 and says hey can you beat this price, sure done. then once again go back to dealer #1 and say hey dealer #2 gave me a better deal can you beat them? ummmmm ok yes... then yet again go back to dealer #2 and ask them to yet lower it again.. never ending game.. coming into the dealership shows that you are a serious buyer... however if you are 2 hrs away then you should explain that to the dealer and im certain they will accomodate the situation..

IMO, as a buyer you need to determine what the car's value is to "YOU". for some the car is worth 100k others its worth 50k. if you tell the dealer 2, yes i will but the car if you beat dealer 1's price, then you should honor your offer if they accept it... dont keep playing games, they then look at you as a guy who is cheap, lowballer, tire kicker... you are more interested in the price and dont really care about the car.

the best way to get yourself a good price is to "EDUCATE" yourself about the car. shop around, make some calls, send off some emails. if you come in just demanding a low price, "just because" then they will most likely laugh at you.. but if you come into the dealership prepared w/ some homework and can substantiate your requests, they really have no choice but to either sell you the car or lose the deal. no dealer will turn away a fair offer.

TJBeer - this last part was in no way directed towards you.. its a general statement.. and does not apply to anyone specific!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Graypaul Ferrari & Maserati
Birmingham UK

Sales Person - Mark Shelton

Only popped in out of curiosity as I had never heard of a Ghibli !

Was looking for a replacement for my C63 AMG (usual suspects... Another AMG, S5 Audi, Porsche Panamera etc etc)

Gentle chat, identified my potential needs, LISTENED more importantly....

Ended up with a test drive followed by me placing an order originally for the Ghibli but after a recent track day I upgraded my choice to the Ghibli S.

Just excellent all round service by the whole dealership.

I often pop in for a coffee and they are only too keen to have a chat.

I could not speak highly enough of them so far.... Car due September 1st ??

·
Registered
159 Posts
HR Owen of South Kensington, dealt with Mark Matthews

My previous vehicle was purchased from HR Owen Knightsbridge. I was referred to Mark who handled the Maserati side of things within the group after expressing an interest in the Ghibli. No pressure from the sales and email requests for information were promptly followed up. Kept informed throughout purchase process. I popped down a few times and the team was more than happy to show me around the cars.

Delivery was to my workplace, all paperwork was in order and they even printed off private plates for me to put on once the number had been transferred off my old car. Asked for mats and was given them. Was also given a bottle of champagne!

·
Registered
695 Posts
PenskeWynn
Wynn Resort
Las Vegas,Nv.
Patient salesman while I thought about it for a few days. Reasonable deal at the time, hassel free. Great service dept. staff. really seem to know what to expect from Maser.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wide World Maserati of Spring Valley :)

Salesman name: Chuck

Awesome experience as always. Chuck and the crew at WWOC are a pleasure to deal with, are always friendly, knowledgable, and patient. I've taken many test drives of different vehicles with them over the last year or two and have always been impressed with their service and no pressure environment. When it comes time to buy your vehicle they will do EVERYTHING under the sun to make sure you've got a great deal and walk out with a smile.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Very satisfied with Morries Maserati & Bentley in Minneapolis.
We purchased a used one, 630 miles, came with 4 snow tires, full clear bra, and 100% Maserati factory CPO, 6yrs/100k, and $5000 off list. Plus they took two cars in trade to close the deal. See Christian, "Q", or GM Matt.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I've been very happy with Ferrari/Maserati of Seattle. Most painless buying experience I've ever had. I rolled in in a $5k car, with a screaming kid in tow, and they were still happy to show me their entire lineup.

The service department pricing is definitely on the Ferrari end of the scale, but they still do a good job of trying to accommodate my budget.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts