Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Knew that would get your attention. Sales are exploding, quell the excitement no bombs here, unless you think tripling sales in little under a year is a bombshell.

Remember when Maserati said we'll sell 50,000 cars by 2015 and we all said to who? Heh, well new sales figures came out yesterday and it seems Maserati is at 22,500 orders YTD, compare that to last years 6,300 for the entire thing. China is playing a big role in the demand spike but those figures only include QP, Ghibli and GT. Wait for Levante to come online which is expected to pump out 25K annually.

QP 10,000 orders
Ghibli 8,000 orders
GT 5,000 orders

·
Registered
70 Posts
I already feel like I see way more Maseratis around town now than I did just a year ago. Maserati should be super happy with this result. Once the Levante comes out Maserati IS going to explode. With all that extra cash on hand I bet Maserati will continue to expand its model line-up. Big things in the future, big things...

·
Registered
284 Posts
I already feel like I see way more Maseratis around town now than I did just a year ago. Maserati should be super happy with this result. Once the Levante comes out Maserati IS going to explode. With all that extra cash on hand I bet Maserati will continue to expand its model line-up. Big things in the future, big things...
Quattroportes are everywhere, the price on them went down as much as the price did for Cayenne's, it's crazy! The Ghibli will be next.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I came here ready to read about the first reports of Ghiblis catching fire...good thing that hasn't happened, unlike every other Italian sports car at some time or another.

Might want to use info like this to populate the Ghibli News forum since that one looks pretty lonely.

·
Registered
277 Posts
These are international sales I assume?

Is there any way to find out percentage of sales based on country? I am interested to see how many of these orders are from Asia.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if a mod could move this over to the news section then it would be much obliged.

@pitchfork I dont have a concrete break down of the numbers by country but I can tell you that US is still Maseratis largest market globally, but China is gobbling up all the QP's.

Whats interesting is if you look at Maseratis American numbers they are essentially in the same position for 2013 YTD as they have been since 2005.

Maserati US sales

2005 2018
2006 2108
2007 2540
2008 2509
2009 1273
2010 1897
2011 2321
2012 2730
YTD 2241

so basically the uptick in Maserati's numbers has been completely outside of NA...

·
Registered
172 Posts
I researched as well and if the data are correct Maserati needs some improvements. With the first Ghibli delivered shortly it will be interesting looking at the October, November and December data. Porsche 911 only is already at 7498 YTD, Panamera only 3498 YTD.
I will buy my Ghibli anyway but I am just afraid that Maserati has to do something more in order to reach the goals. The number of Dealership and high maintenance are probably preventing people to get Maserati brand. Will see...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am finally buying a Maserati for one because the price is now cheaper. I have always had enough money but couldn't justify the price as reasonable. For a Ferrari I could justify the price and purchased a California a couple of years ago, but could never pull the trigger on a Maserati. Now the new engines are better, the noise is still there and the gas mileage is much much improved. I also love the latest styling and interiors. I may put two Maserati's in my 4 car garage. ;-) Wife limits me to 4 new cars with no old timer limit.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I researched as well and if the data are correct Maserati needs some improvements. With the first Ghibli delivered shortly it will be interesting looking at the October, November and December data. Porsche 911 only is already at 7498 YTD, Panamera only 3498 YTD.
I will buy my Ghibli anyway but I am just afraid that Maserati has to do something more in order to reach the goals. The number of Dealership and high maintenance are probably preventing people to get Maserati brand. Will see...
well I think the fact that they only made 2 models was a big factor in deterring people from hopping into a Maserati. But now with Ghibli offering QP style in a small package and Levante coming online to battle Cayenne I think 50K is attainable by end of '15..

·
Registered
172 Posts
I really hope so but I am not positive about the strategy. The Ghibli itself it needs to be used as a third car in most of the areas with 65K price + almost everything and it has a RWD and for a mediocre one you have to spend 72-78K. The SQ4 starts at 75 and for an OK car you spend around 82-88K. Dealerships are not everywhere and maintenance are still too high. My opinion is that the Maserati customers are not going to change but change the car for less. Unfortunately Porsche, Jaguar, Audi, BMW and Mercedes were expecting this and if you look at their websites are offering a LOT as today. Last time I stopped by one of them they were offering Free maintenance for 4 years, 0.99% interest rate and so on.
Again, I am going to get my car anyway since I come from Maserati ownership and I can tell the difference but a lot o people that are not used to drive a Maserati will not get into the business as their new car. I hope I am wrong but even if you can spend the money you are always bothered by maintenance bills for 1800 or 2500, parts that need 4 days to arrive and almost 6-7% interest for a lease or financing.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I really hope so but I am not positive about the strategy. The Ghibli itself it needs to be used as a third car in most of the areas with 65K price + almost everything and it has a RWD and for a mediocre one you have to spend 72-78K. The SQ4 starts at 75 and for an OK car you spend around 82-88K. Dealerships are not everywhere and maintenance are still too high. My opinion is that the Maserati customers are not going to change but change the car for less. Unfortunately Porsche, Jaguar, Audi, BMW and Mercedes were expecting this and if you look at their websites are offering a LOT as today. Last time I stopped by one of them they were offering Free maintenance for 4 years, 0.99% interest rate and so on.
Again, I am going to get my car anyway since I come from Maserati ownership and I can tell the difference but a lot o people that are not used to drive a Maserati will not get into the business as their new car. I hope I am wrong but even if you can spend the money you are always bothered by maintenance bills for 1800 or 2500, parts that need 4 days to arrive and almost 6-7% interest for a lease or financing.
Integration with Chrysler is a big part of rectifying everything you just listed. Maserati had limited distribution channels in NA pre Chrysler. I quite disagree that Ghibli is a 3rd car, people drive RWD BMWs in the winter all the time...

If Ghibli is only OK to you explore other options..

·
Registered
172 Posts
No offense here but I am a Maserati driver and if you believe that you can drive that tiger during winter time you are definitely wrong or at least my Quattroporte could not handle it. It drives just fine but not enough for a daily 15 miles commute. BMW with rain and Snow? You have to be kidding me!
Just take the time to stop by dealership and test drive Audi, BMW, Panamera and Jaguar. Look for the basic packages included and ask for financing options and maintenance plans. You will then understand what I mean with OK. Once again, I will get the Ghibli as a got the Quattroporte without hesitation. The topic here was about the strategy. Most of the orders are made by previous Maserati owners and I hope it will get better. I hope the strategy of new Dealership and better customer service in maintenance will come soon, usually this strategy plan comes ahead of the sales and not afterwards.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I drive a RWD Mercedes through the snow without problems using snow tires, why would you think a Ghibli with AWD and snow tires would be a problem?

Interest rates are irrelevant as local lenders are offering 1.9%. Maintenance to be expected.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I drive a RWD Mercedes through the snow without problems using snow tires, why would you think a Ghibli with AWD and snow tires would be a problem?

Interest rates are irrelevant as local lenders are offering 1.9%. Maintenance to be expected.
Funny someone would say that, a Ghibli with AWD and snow tires should be great in winter, even without the AWD it will still be good depending how well the driver knows how to drive

·
Registered
172 Posts
If you look carefully at my post I mentioned that my concerns were related to the Ghibli on the snow and not the AWD. Ratti, before been sarcastic I would read the posts and then write, nobody is asking for driving lessons here.

·
Registered
305 Posts
According to my local dealer:
"There is a slight delay due to the high worldwide demand from the non-RHD markets , but we should have the vehicles here in the next two to three weeks."

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No offense here but I am a Maserati driver and if you believe that you can drive that tiger during winter time you are definitely wrong or at least my Quattroporte could not handle it. It drives just fine but not enough for a daily 15 miles commute. BMW with rain and Snow? You have to be kidding me!
Just take the time to stop by dealership and test drive Audi, BMW, Panamera and Jaguar. Look for the basic packages included and ask for financing options and maintenance plans. You will then understand what I mean with OK. Once again, I will get the Ghibli as a got the Quattroporte without hesitation. The topic here was about the strategy. Most of the orders are made by previous Maserati owners and I hope it will get better. I hope the strategy of new Dealership and better customer service in maintenance will come soon, usually this strategy plan comes ahead of the sales and not afterwards.
I have driven BMW in the rain and snow, for a few years I might add. I'm coming to you live from a 550i. Snows in the winter and I'm more than ok, sometimes she tries to get a little tail happy but its all in good fun.

I disagree that demand is coming from current Maserati clients. For orders to triple YTD Maserati has to be pulling demand from outside its typical client pool.

I'm perfect example, 550i driver, perfectly happy in my BMW... but now Maserati is playing in my price point, how do I ignore that pedigree? Don't knock the strategy, Ghibli is only the first for Maserati model expansion, With Levante, a 911 fighter and a new GT coming online Maserati is expanding their network before the real flood begins...

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
+1

I am another BMW driver, 730LD, who is looking for a change.
Same boat here, I am not unhappy with BMW in anyway. I adore my fiver a real blast to drive and quite comfortable. I've owned Bims for years but like you said culver, its time for a change. Everyone knows Italian girls are much better in bed than Germans anyways ;)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Anyone else find the title of this thread rather alarming? I login each day to this forum and see, at the very top of the forum index, "Maserati Exploding".

I hope none of our Ghiblis actually explode anytime soon...:D

Let's get a new topic in this section...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts