Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I randomly found this guy's channel a few months back while searching for a screen mirroring solution for our MTC cars (pre 2017), and today he just posted this:-

Looks interesting to say at least.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i wouldnt mess with those after market screens on our cars.

i have that screen on my12 landcruiser prado in south america and i swear i want to punch it every time i turn it on. its slow, unresponsive, never has signal, turns things on you never pressed. i wouldnt mess with that yet. let it come out and let them fix all the bugs.

BUT it definitely has the wow factor.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thank you for sharing this video. Many people don't know how good this screen is. We are wrapping up with production for the screen. Get yours soon because we are making less that 100 screen for Maserati. We have three versions of the screen one for the Chinese market, America and Europe. We made sure all of the functionality prior to having this screen is built in . See additional pictures from the link below.

Also, you could either get the Tesla screen for Maserati or the Android video interface if you choose to keep your current screen.

Android video interface for Maserati Ghibli/Quattroporte

https://www.cabinetsled.com/products/maserati-ghibli-original-mtc

Tesla Style Screen for Maserati Ghibli
https://www.cabinetsled.com/products/cabinetsled-maserati-ghibli-12-1-screen

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Get yours soon because we are making less that 100 screen for Maserati. We have three versions of the screen one for the Chinese market, America and Europe. We made sure all of the functionality prior to having this screen is built in .

Without a proper and in depth video presentation, nobody is going to buy it

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Get yours soon because we are making less that 100 screen for Maserati. We have three versions of the screen one for the Chinese market, America and Europe. We made sure all of the functionality prior to having this screen is built in .

Without a proper and in depth presentation video/review, nobody is going to buy it

·
Registered
16 Posts
First post (yay). I've got a 2014 SQ4 and while I remember Uconnect being a small triumph in terms of usability in 2011 when I had it in a Dodge Charger rental, compared to my Tesla it's left me wanting for a lot more. I also use Spotify to stream music and MTC has an unfixable problem where it just continues to try to push you back to the native music app from third party apps. It's just a mess.

This is really interesting to me for two reasons:

1. If I can use one of the $60 ebay USB dongles to give this Apple CarPlay it would be magical. I know you can add apple car play currently but the way to do that is with an external knob and switch and at that point, why bother? To add touch navtools wants an extra $700. No bueno.

2. This dude mentions in one of his videos that the kit includes harnesses for both 2014-2016 and 2017-2018. As we all probably know, MTC got a huge upgrade for 2017 making it a much more usable system. I have it in the Levante loaner I'm rocking right now and it's loads better. Apple CarPlay makes or breaks the car in my opinion. What raised my antenna in that video is the fact that they're using the same setup for both the older cars and the newer cars and simply using an adapter to accommodate that. This tells me that we *should* be able to retrofit the newer MTC setup into the older cars and at the end of the day that's way more interesting to me.

My issue with the Tesla style setup is that all of these Android setups are typically kind of wonky in one way or another. Either sound quality blows or navigation is terrible, they're laggy, etc. It always seems to be something. Plus for me specifically, the fact that they decided to copy the design of Tesla firmware from 2015 is just eating me up.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I like this, but am not prepared to have to use an external cable for normal listening. On the other hand, I am delighted to use an external cable to connect my phone (via Dragonfly) to the system. I already have to do that.

Richard

·
Registered
16 Posts
I like this, but am not prepared to have to use an external cable for normal listening. On the other hand, I am delighted to use an external cable to connect my phone (via Dragonfly) to the system. I already have to do that.

Richard
I don’t believe you have to use an external cable. I did a little digging and there’s nothing special about this setup. It’s the same Tesla style setup there’re selling for basically every car. If you go on YouTube and search for “12.1 Tesla style” you’ll find a ton of reviews for this exact system in different vehicles. It looks like a mixed bag. These are all made in China which means audio processing, eq, Bluetooth, etc are all going to be iffy. The good news is the audio components in the original Ghiblis are so bad it’s hard to find something worse.

Pro tip: Don’t pay $1800. Don’t pay the $1300 they’re selling for on eBay. For pretty much every other car this exact setup sells for $500 - $800. Since you can’t update the RB5 UConnect system in the older Ghiblis and the CarPlay implementation currently available looks cheap and requires and external knob/ button to use, this might be an acceptable upgrade for those cars. For my money, I just want CarPlay. It is far more intuitive than anything I’ve used, even my actual Tesla.

·
Premium Member
306 Posts

The good news is the audio components in the original Ghiblis are so bad it’s hard to find something worse.

what is the problem, are you speaking about 2014th Ghibli or 2018 ? standard of premium BW etc ? because I can promise you I've seen much worst in my premium previous cars ( BMW etc)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Guys,

i have just bought this system and need help if anyone has install this system. I am stuck at one point and cant figure it out there is one cable which i have been told is a power trigger on the main wiring harness and it need to be connected for it to power up. but this is no cable in the car where i can plug it into so i am assuming i require a adapter but i have no clue what adapter if some can PLEASE HELP.

Picture of the cable and what i need to find where and how to plug in.

Hope someone has the answer

Thanks all

Niks

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Guys,

i have just bought this system and need help if anyone has install this system. I am stuck at one point and cant figure it out there is one cable which i have been told is a power trigger on the main wiring harness and it need to be connected for it to power up. but this is no cable in the car where i can plug it into so i am assuming i require a adapter but i have no clue what adapter if some can PLEASE HELP.

Picture of the cable and what i need to find where and how to plug in.

Hope someone has the answer

Thanks all

Niks
Which screen did you buy and where did you buy it from/price?

·
Registered
4 Posts
all i have on it is tesla style screen ZM-5003 for Maserati Ghibli 2015 and i am missing the CAN BUS Module without that i the system is useless, i bought it from a guy on ebay

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Niks,

I am intrested in buying this tesla style screen for my 2014 Maserati Ghibli SQ4.

Can you please provide me the link where to buy this screen and what's your review and suggestion about this screen.

Thanks,
Srinivas.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts