Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Today while we had 4 people sitting in the car , i came out of a parking garage in seattle which was steep , i heard the bottom(undercarriage ) scraped really hard like never before.
After that while I drive the car around i hear a lot of vibration in interior at certain lower speeds.

Later my car again got scraped in a downhill (it normally does not get scraped here). I simply had to stop the car and asked everyone to get out of the car.
Only then i was able to bring it down the hill

I am worried what i have damaged . Its Saturday and dealer is closed till monday.

I am hoping people here might be able to give some insights

·
Registered
651 Posts
Sorry to hear that, yes these Ghibli's are very low, Especially if you have sport suspensions.
My scrapes the whole time come out of my house, but lightly.
You might have dislogded/bent the prop shaft bearing support, you'll have the jack the car up or rise it on a car lift to see the damage you've done.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry to hear that, yes these Ghibli's are very low, Especially if you have sport suspensions.
My scrapes the whole time come out of my house, but lightly.
You might have dislogded/bent the prop shaft bearing support, you'll have the jack the car up or rise it on a car lift to see the damage you've done.
Do I have to go-to dealership or can I go somewhere else ? I live in Seattle area

·
Registered
651 Posts
Do I have to go-to dealership or can I go somewhere else ? I live in Seattle area
Go to a local garage who can put the car up on a lift or ramps to be able to see if any damage, after the guy can decide to repair or not.
At least you'll be fixed on the problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My SQ4 is lowered about an inch more with the Formula Dynamics sport springs... and I also live in Seattle. This city is unkind to low-slung cars like ours. Maserati of Seattle is helpful and not terribly unreasonable when it comes to price. They're often booking appointments a couple of weeks out, though. If that's too long and you haven't already had someone take a look, the owner of Stingray Garage in South Lake Union is a Maserati owner and can usually get you in quickly. Also, TruLine does really good work on suspensions and alignment.

I'd be interested in finding out what you discovered.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Mine scrapes all the time when I go over certain speed bumps even very slowly.

I haven’t bothered to check it, seems to be pretty resilient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
115 Posts
Mine scrapes all the time when I go over certain speed bumps even very slowly.

I haven’t bothered to check it, seems to be pretty resilient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same here. My MY2018 has been serviced several times now by a local official Maserati dealer (swapping summer / winter tyres, oil change, etc), and I had mentioned that to them, they checked and reported nothing troublesome. Also too, what happens is that when at the bottom of a steep down slope, the tip of the nose may scratch the floor when the latter turns horizontal again. With our european vehicles, it's actually not the front bumper touching anything, it's the front license plate (black plastic) support which does. Maserati adds this part to support the mandatory front license plate, and it's slightly sticking out in front of the front bumper, right at the bottom of it. US models may be different, I don't know. A bit anoying, but nothing serious.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts