Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a base Ghibli and I'm ready to start the upgrades. I'm looking for kind of a step by step guide to 400+ HP. Was looking at the Enzo tuner to start along with downpipes but just wanted to know where you guys would start to achieve the best sound HP and overall performance for the base model.

What does Stage 1 entail?
Stage 2?
Stage 3?

Thank you guys in advance. 22" lexani rims on the way I also blacked out the grill.....

·
Registered
87 Posts
Stage 1 is typically just a tune without other mods.

If it were me I would get the F1 air filter, down pipes and a stage 2 tune and call it a day performance wise.
I’d put on some lowering springs and wheel spacers for looks/handling improvements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,181 Posts
Welcome to the forum and your Ghibli!!
There are a host of options, but beware of what is the best sound ... it is somewhat subjective. I'd listen around to some of the tunes/stage 2 cars to see what you like. It is a little polarizing for those that like the classic Maserati sound versus the stage 2's. Some sound great, others are just loud. We have a V6 in our cars, so you don't get the deep V8 sounds of other sports cars, (or the Maserati GT's).
I don't think Enzo is still doing tunes. If you search the forum you'll find a few other choices that are still available. Some even have a spare ECU with the tune so they can go back and forth should the car need to visit dealer for warranty service. With stage 2 it's obvious the car has been modified ... you just need to be careful with your warranty.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the forum and your Ghibli!!
There are a host of options, but beware of what is the best sound ... it is somewhat subjective. I'd listen around to some of the tunes/stage 2 cars to see what you like. It is a little polarizing for those that like the classic Maserati sound versus the stage 2's. Some sound great, others are just loud. We have a V6 in our cars, so you don't get the deep V8 sounds of other sports cars, (or the Maserati GT's).
I don't think Enzo is still doing tunes. If you search the forum you'll find a few other choices that are still available. Some even have a spare ECU with the tune so they can go back and forth should the car need to visit dealer for warranty service. With stage 2 it's obvious the car has been modified ... you just need to be careful with your warranty.
Awesome! Thank you guys. Sounds like a great start.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stage 1 is typically just a tune without other mods.

If it were me I would get the F1 air filter, down pipes and a stage 2 tune and call it a day performance wise.
I’d put on some lowering springs and wheel spacers for looks/handling improvements.

What is the best downpipes to get? I see a few different options... sport cat or other? Thanks.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Larini, fabspeed, armytrix come to mind.

Downpipes are cat deletes. Which you would need for a true Stage2 tune.

Sport cats are generally 200 cell, which are more free flowing than factory.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Larini, fabspeed, armytrix come to mind.

Downpipes are cat deletes. Which you would need for a true Stage2 tune.

Sport cats are generally 200 cell, which are more free flowing than factory.

So would you say this would be ideal?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Down pipe will give you the most performance.
Sport cat will be quieter and won’t smell as much gas.

Depends on what YOU want.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Down pipe will give you the most performance.
Sport cat will be quieter and won’t smell as much gas.

Depends on what YOU want.

Also depends if you want valid insurance or not. If you're MOT (or equivalent) is "whispered" through by a friendly emissions tester then in the event of an incident a missing cat would either be assumed to be a self modification, or a fake MOT pass. Both could invalidate your insurance cover.

And then you need to consider what you tell the insurance company. If you tell them you've fitted a downpipe but run a dodgy MOT - you probably aren't covered.

If you dont tell them you've fitted a downpipe - and run a dodgy MOT you definitely aren't covered.

If the worst happens and you change some other families lives forever and your insurance doesn't pay out for them - could you live with yourself? All financial burdens aside - I dont think i could.

My advice - run a sportcat - tell your insurance company about the mods and get a legal MOT (or equivalent). Tune within those restrictions and you'll be legal and fast.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts