Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

Which color are you getting your Maserati Ghibli Brake Calipers in?

• Black - 4SU

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Red - 4TA

Votes: 27 57.4%
  • Silver - 58I

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Blue - 4TB

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Polished - 6AJ

Votes: 3 6.4%

• Total voters
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which color are you getting your Maserati Ghibli Brake Calipers in?

Black - 4SU
Red - 4TA
Silver - 58I
Blue - 4TB
Polished - 6AJ

·
Registered
64 Posts
If I get the:

Maratea Grigio, then Silver.
Bianco, then Black.

That's because my rep advises me the Black and Silver painted calipers are standard, no extra charge.

If they are all the same price, then:

Maratea Grigio, then Polished.
Bianco, then Red.

·
Registered
76 Posts
If I get the:

Maratea Grigio, then Silver.
Bianco, then Black.

That's because my rep advises me the Black and Silver painted calipers are standard, no extra charge.

If they are all the same price, then:

Maratea Grigio, then Polished.
Bianco, then Red.
I always thought red calipers stood out way too much, a bit on the flashy side. Love Biano and I think it would look great with black painted calipers with white wording. That way there's a little more detail going on with black to help make the contrast even stronger. Patiently waiting for the configurator so we can see how all these color combo's look

·
Registered
5 Posts
Black is not available with sport package... I wanted black with 21in wheels but I had to go with silver.... only silver, red, blue available if you select sport package as per Maserati HQ

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Black is not available with sport package... I wanted black with 21in wheels but I had to go with silver.... only silver, red, blue available if you select sport package as per Maserati HQ
what exterior color are you getting?

·
Registered
76 Posts
polished is going to be a $3k option... not worth it to me
reason why im going for red or even blue. polished calipers will look great with the right wheels but I've always been used to painted and not polished calipers, can't justify going for that look and paying $3k for it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
If it were not more money, I would get polished, but because it's a bit ridiculous to spend $3k on a different color brake I will go for black instead.

·
Registered
76 Posts
If it were not more money, I would get polished, but because it's a bit ridiculous to spend $3k on a different color brake I will go for black instead.
$3k is a lot, but we do have to consider the quality of paint and process. Plus whats $3k to us when we're already spending more than $45k on a car we're making monthly payments for?

·
Registered
70 Posts
$3k is a lot, but we do have to consider the quality of paint and process. Plus whats $3k to us when we're already spending more than $45k on a car we're making monthly payments for?
True, but i'd rather spend that $3k on something else for the car. The color of the brake caliper is cosmetic and it doesn't even make that big a difference. Plenty of other things you could spend that money on.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm wondering, which one of the blues do the blue calipers match? Does anyone know?

And btw does anyone have a picture of the polished calipers?

·
Registered
69 Posts
To save the $3k I would go with silver instead of polished. Honestly, any one of them would look nice though. Depends on what color the car is. Is the polished caliper the only one that costs extra?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Based on the US pricing that's released, the black painted calipers are standard. Other colors are $750, and polished is a little over $3k.

I am just going to stay with the standard black.

·
Registered
62 Posts
seems like that was a behind the scenes picture of the fascination film which just went live....

http://www.ghibliforum.com/forum/maserati-ghibli-photos-videos/977-all-new-maserati-ghibli-fascination-film.html
i was sold on this very look. the car i ordered is exactly the same as the car in the photo.. assuming that the exterior color is bianco, red calipiers with 21s.. in the photo it looks like this particular car's windows have been tinted?

some people think the white looks plain, but i think it looks amazing in the pic (although i havent seen bianco in person).. can anyone tell me if the car looks every bit as good as the pic above (in bianco)??

i was debating between bianco and grigio maratea, but went with bianco on the basis of:
1) i like that white stands out both during the day and night and looks particularly good on cars with sleek curvatures (ex. white looks extremely nice on the granturismo)
2) if im not mistaken, the body design lines on a white car is more visible than other colors? so it really accentuates the curves and lines on a car, so im not sure why some people mean by white looking "flat"
2) easier to maintain (dirt marks/ scratches not as visible on white cars, so generally looks newer than most other colors)

any thoughts?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts