Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maserati Ghibli buyers prefer personalisation, says boss | Autocar

Autocar said:
Sales chief believes massive personalisation of new Ghibli is the key to stealing sales from BMW's 5-series

Maserati Ghibli buyers will be lured away from more mainstream brands by the opportunity to choose more elaborate personal specifications, according to the firm’s UK sales and marketing boss Peter Denton.

The top-end BMW 5-series and Mercedes E-class rival, the Ghibli, is charged with delivering a substantial amount of Maserati’s goal to quintuple annual sales to 50,000 cars a year worldwide. It goes on the sale in the UK in November from £48,830.

“The basic spec of the Ghibli is higher than the German opposition’s, but what will really stand out is the opportunity to personalise it,” said Denton. “It is quite a big process, and we are working with dealers to ensure that customers get all the guidance they want: speccing a car of this quality must be a premium experience.

“We’re in the fortunate position of being able to take a bespoke design from order to delivery in 12 weeks, so there is no pressure on our customers to buy from stock. They can have what they want in a very short period of time, and we will offer a very wide range of colours, trims, finishes and so on – there is an incredible range of equipment to choose from.”

·
Registered
70 Posts
I think that the customization is a nice touch, but I don't think that is what is bringing over buyers from BMW and Mercedes-Benz. Maserati would still be doing great without all the customization options.

I mean BMW has lots of stuff to customize your car with too.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I think that the customization is a nice touch, but I don't think that is what is bringing over buyers from BMW and Mercedes-Benz. Maserati would still be doing great without all the customization options.

I mean BMW has lots of stuff to customize your car with too.
BMW limits your choices by packages. Ghibli throws open the door and lets you mix and match, its part of the luxury experience. The BMW 5 series has nowhere near the amount of configurations as the Ghibli, bland interior colors that are only available on certain packages or with certain exterior colors.

You can get whatever you want in the Ghibli as long as you have the funds...

I disagree, how may people would buy the Ghibli if you could have it in any color as long as its black?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Well this whole "any color as long as its black" thing just doesn't apply here really. BMW has loads of exterior color choices, most of which are gorgeous. I do understand your point about bundling though. I think that BMW may bundle and make some interior choices contingent on exterior colors because it doesn't want hideous BMWs running around. You can have anything you want as long as it looks nice, and that means no ridiculous color/material combos.

Point taken about the Ghibli though.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Well this whole "any color as long as its black" thing just doesn't apply here really. BMW has loads of exterior color choices, most of which are gorgeous. I do understand your point about bundling though. I think that BMW may bundle and make some interior choices contingent on exterior colors because it doesn't want hideous BMWs running around. You can have anything you want as long as it looks nice, and that means no ridiculous color/material combos.

Point taken about the Ghibli though.
Mr Smith said Maserati would do just as well without customization options and my question was how many people would buy the Ghibli if it was only available in black?

So, how many?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Seems like they finally finished their demographic research. Anyone buying a car like this from any car maker will be the type that prefers personalisation.
For now I guess they can start with offering a ton of interior and exterior color scheme's and colors as well as colors that only stay in production for a year.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Just FYI , as far as US goes..of what i understand talking to my dealer.
Maserati created a bunch of color/ package combinations per models ( luxury , sport etc) with different colors. They want to sell those out first then get more options ( like the contrast stitching which isn t available yet and other leather colors etc).
I m hoping by the time i'm ready to buy mine my options will be available...

·
Registered
324 Posts
I almost regret not waiting for contrast stitching, almost. My dealer flashes all the leather stitching samples, the b*stard, and tells me, "you can't order these." Lucy, Charlie Brown, football scenario.

That freaking daygo car has a spell on me, otherwise I'd be driving zee 650 GC, same colors AND grey stitching... but so would every other dipshit on the road. Stupid Maserati...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts