Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
2,554 Posts
Hey Guys,
Just finished with my Ghibli! lowered on coilovers, fully adjustable. i think im the first one to have these!!! check it out!
you probably need to reload the pictures ... nothing came through.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Pics??

·
Registered
312 Posts
To each his own, but it's not for me.

·
Registered
105 Posts
For some reason it's not working for me...but enjoy if you like it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The wheels look nice. I'm not digging the lowered look, in this case though. How much is it lowered in the pics? The Ghibli isn't a small car and it has a lot of sheet metal, so dropping it that much makes it look more portly (IMO).

·
Registered
47 Posts
What benefit where you looking for? looks or actual performance? What was the overall cost involved in doing this and did you end up tossing much of the factory setup.

·
Registered
666 Posts
This coilover set up is height adjustable, right?
Your set up is a little low for me. Do you mind me asking how many inches did you drop?
I currently have about 3 fingers gap between tires and the fender. I am looking to lower about 1" to 1.25".

·
Registered
46 Posts
My Ghibli scrapes just about everywhere I go: speed bumps, driveways, etc. And I don't mean those little black plastic flaps in front of the wheels - this is exhaust or something else underneath the car. I can't imagine lowering the car even more!

·
Registered
666 Posts
Ghibli w/ sport package is already a bit lower. But I think, unlike BMW, Mercedes, and other German car owners, most of the Ghibli owners are have never or not into modifying cars either for performance and appearance.
This type of drop may be a little too aggressive for most of the Ghibli owners.

I am thinking this is at least 2.5" drop. That is pretty low.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Ghibli w/ sport package is already a bit lower. But I think, unlike BMW, Mercedes, and other German car owners, most of the Ghibli owners are have never or not into modifying cars either for performance and appearance.

Not to mention the age group for the Ghibli is a little higher. I do have to agree, this drop is quite aggressive and the wheels look small without some spacers.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Hey Guys,
Just finished with my Ghibli! lowered on coilovers, fully adjustable. i think im the first one to have these!!! check it out!
Hi Deejayrichierrich

I have never had coilover set up on my vehicles before. So I don't know how much trouble it is to adjust the height. Is it a lot of work? If not, are you able to adjust it with maybe 3/4" to 1" gap? I am considering lowering my car and would like to see how it looks with this drop height.

·
Registered
524 Posts

I agree 100%. It feels like most of the Ghibli owners like to keep their cars stock. None of my previous cars were ever stock so I don't think I'll start now.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts