Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

Maserati Ghibli Packages: Which packages did you get?

• Total voters
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Maserati Ghibli Packages:
  • Base Package
  • Premium Package
  • Cold Weather Package
  • Technology Package
  • Executive Package
  • Executive Package Plus
  • Sport Package
  • Technology Package Plus
See details on the above packages here.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The two packs that interest me most are the Technology package and the Executive Package.

The Ghibli Technology Package includes a navigation system and a nice sound system.

The Ghibli Executive Package includes real leather interior, and internal velour carpeting.

Not exactly sure what the velour carpeting looks like, but I definitely want the real leather.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm really disappointed that there's just one reply, yet there's a ton of votes, i expected more replies.

How do you like the nav system mr.smith?

·
Registered
44 Posts
One note on the Navigation. I am a stickler for technology and this was my biggest concern coming from an A7. While the Garmin screen is a bit cartoony in comparison, the voice activation is actually faster than the Audi's. When you speak to enter a destination, it comes back significantly faster. The rest of the Navi screen is also very, very simple to use. Other than the look of the screen which is fine, really and the plastic framing, I think that it really quite good and allayed my fears.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Cold weather package is a must for me living up here in Canada. Surprises me every year how cold it gets during the winter. Technology package also seems like almost a necessity.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Completely loaded for me *except* sport package... I don't like the paddle shifters and don't want sky hook, ordered all the other sport stuff a la carte. Oh yeah, 20" wheels are a must with this car!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I got the premium package, cold weather package, and sport package.
I didn't see the technology package in S Q4 model price list. Is this only available in base model?

·
Registered
258 Posts
For the S Q4 I ordered, I only got the sports package, extended leather, Proteo wheels. It doesn't sound like much, does it.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For the S Q4 I ordered, I only got the sports package, extended leather, Proteo wheels. It doesn't sound like much, does it.
Every bit add's up especially in a car like this, a Maserati. What vehicle are you coming from?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Every bit add's up especially in a car like this, a Maserati. What vehicle are you coming from?
I am coming from 7 years of driving the 3 series, which has been pretty satisfying. I was interested in buying a M5, which was my top pick before the Ghibli was revealed to me.

·
Registered
277 Posts
the new M5 is an attractive car

i've always been an M5 fan

Why did you end up opting for the Ghibli?

·
Registered
324 Posts
I won't answer for the guy, but there really is only one honest reason. The M5 is a great car (the 650 Gran Coupe is even better IMO), but this decision boils down to something BMW can't engineer their way out of: Saturation. EVERYONE has a BMW. People buy BMWs at least in part for brand exclusivity. Well, BMWs aren't all that exclusive and haven't been for some time. Same for the other two German brands. Not many companies exist today that provide the level of exclusivity Maserati maintains. All Maserati had to do was decide to compete with the German's top tier models -- plenty of excess market share for them to scoop up; the easiest prey since the Steller's sea cow. With the Ghibli, if they do it right, they can pretty much guarantee themselves boatloads of new customers... in exchange for exclusivity. Alas, there is no free lunch. It's a delicate balancing act the stability of which will be determined by Maserati's ability to restrain greed. We shall see. Meanwhile I'll enjoy driving my Ghibli...

·
Registered
852 Posts
I have to agree with RSM.....Maserati seem very intent on maintaining exclusivity..........Porche seems to have done it and i Hope Maz can too!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts