Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two brands that carry significant weight and exude soul may very soon be competing head to head in the luxury saloon segment. The Ghibli is certainly beautiful, but the Pajun renderings have me particularly smitten...

as a drivers car i would certainly choose the Pajun over the Ghibli, sorry Maserati

·
Registered
168 Posts
Two brands that carry significant weight and exude soul may very soon be competing head to head in the luxury saloon segment. The Ghibli is certainly beautiful, but the Pajun renderings have me particularly smitten...

as a drivers car i would certainly choose the Pajun over the Ghibli, sorry Maserati
Would you say it is at all reasonable to make decisions about cars that do not even exist yet? No one has driven a Pajun, so how can you definitively conclude how it will drive? Pajun will certainly be a car to watch, and it will probably be an extraordinary car (perhaps extraordinarily hideous too), but it's too early.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
judging porshes track record its a fair assumption, besides where's your imagination, dare to dream? ;)

Besides an investment of this magnitude deserves proper consideration even if preliminary at this point.

·
Registered
168 Posts
judging porshes track record its a fair assumption, besides where's your imagination, dare to dream? ;)

Besides an investment of this magnitude deserves proper consideration even if preliminary at this point.
Maserati and Ferrari are not exactly known for offering poor driving dynamics either...;)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ferrari i'll agree with, but we all know Ferrari doesn't let its little brother step on its toes. The classic battle was Porsche vs Ferrari, not Ferrari vs Maserati.

Maserati makes beautiful looking/sounding cars but their driving dynamics cannot be compared to Porsche

·
Registered
168 Posts
Ferrari i'll agree with, but we all know Ferrari doesn't let its little brother step on its toes. The classic battle was Porsche vs Ferrari, not Ferrari vs Maserati.

Maserati makes beautiful looking/sounding cars but their driving dynamics cannot be compared to Porsche
I am looking forward to when the journalists publish comparison tests for the Ghibli.

And things will really get interesting once Maserati releases a more performance MC Stradale version. This is a rendering. Porsche better watch out then. :cool:

·
Registered
277 Posts
What is the difference between the Pajun and the Panamera?

I have to say the Pajun looks like a small Panamera.

The Ghibli looks much more aggressive and sporty.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am looking forward to when the journalists publish comparison tests for the Ghibli.

And things will really get interesting once Maserati releases a more performance MC Stradale version. This is a rendering. Porsche better watch out then. :cool:

In that case we'll have to wait and see a Pajun GTS or Pajun Turbo, after all we're looking for a fair fight ;)

·
Registered
64 Posts
So the Pajun is a small Panamera?

Well the Panamera is not a very sexy shaped car. It is a little off in shape. The Ghibli looks sleek like a sports car should.
What is the difference between the Pajun and the Panamera?

I have to say the Pajun looks like a small Panamera.

The Ghibli looks much more aggressive and sporty.

I agree. From the render the Pajun looks like Porsche took the Panamera and just resized it. Although the Ghibli is just a small Quattroporte, technically, they at least gave the Ghibli a more stand-alone identity.

To me, the Ghibli is more aggressive than the Quattroporte.

·
Registered
71 Posts
This is probably a more accurate rendering. It leans much more towards the 911 body lines than the Panamera. Although the much needed Panamera update will probably see the roads before the Pajun does (pushed back to 2017).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts