Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever seen a first-generation Maserati Ghibli? Have you ever seen one wrapped in pantyhose? I didn't think so.

Dutch artist Madeleine Berkhemer created the liece which was on show in Paris back in 2004, and got rave reviews.

I think that this Ghibli likely looked better before the pantyhose were stuck to it, but hey, to each their own.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I like art, but I don't like all art. This piece doesn't do anything for me. That Ghibli would have been much better off it it had some restoration, and no pantyhose wrapped around it. I am not really sure what this piece is trying to say, and while it is an interesting effect with the pantyhose, it is not like the entire piece is that beautiful.

I'm all for art and the auto industry joining forces, but this is not a great example of it IMO.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I think art like this is cool, just not cool they did this to a classic, better done on a new Maserati

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think art like this is cool, just not cool they did this to a classic, better done on a new Maserati
It would have looked nicer on a new Maserati for sure. It's not like it ruined the car by any means, all of that stuff could be removed from the Ghibli and it could be driven away.

I'd like to know some more about the artist. What was the thought behind this? Was Maserati a supporter or did their car just happen to be used?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts