Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

After placing an order for a base ghibli 3-4weeks ago, I got a call today saying that I would I have to pay extra to have 8way electric seats in the car, to have the sports package which I had ordered.

The dealer did check this before ordering with Maserati at time of order, & so it's really Maserati's fault (according to the dealer).

The cost is £980. the dealer will contribute £280, but I have to cough up an extra£700 for an option I don't really need.

For the time being I have said to continue (otherwise I lose my build slot I'm told), but it's left a bit of a sour taste for me.

Anyone had any issues like this?
What should I do?

Aran

·
Registered
178 Posts
My dealer made $1,800 mistake with a leather package. I told them to eat it or cancel the order. With the profit they're making, you should be able to have them eat the whole L980.
You have to be able to walk away from a deal to have any negotiating power.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yes-I agree with Barbalace. Ready and able to walk away.
You should be able to work something out on the extra, or perhaps on free maintenance!
Good Luck.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. That's helpful. I think I was coming round to that view.

How should I negotiate it without losing slot?
Carry on and once in production then bring it up, OR do it now and risk losing/delaying slot?

·
Registered
305 Posts
I had a similar problem with the dealer making a mistake on the cost of the Tracker. They paid it as it was their mistake but tried to get me to pay which I would not.

If the pricing mistake is already known and out in the open deal with it at once do not let it fester. There is a possibility that you will not win but leaving it till later will not work.

·
Registered
278 Posts
You never have to pay an extra if you signed the order papers. They can try and ask if you want to pay but if you refuse they can't do anything about it. I wouldn't pay a penny extra!

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Agreed - always be willing to walk away in any negotiation - not just for a Ghibli!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have replied correspondence telling them they should pay for their own mistakes, and that I shouldn't be held to ransom over a build slot( that's really the bit that got to me).

I guess we will find out what kind of company Maserati really are?
Customer experience focus is one point, but right from wrong is the other........

1 - 9 of 9 Posts