Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I may be preaching to the choir here, but here goes:

I've been a Ghibli owner for a few months now. I've had numerous issues over this time frame, from issues with service department scratching my 21" wheels, to brakes squeeking, grabbing, etc. I can't keep it all straight. But there is more.

I'm seeking your help since my attempts to resolve this issue via Maserati North America consumer affairs has failed.

My primary concern at the moment is with the audio system. I paid for the upgraded premium audio system. I had issues with the speaker rattle. This was resolved. I then had issues where there was no audio coming from the amplifier, they replaced the amplifier, and that issue was resolved. Then I had issues with no bass coming from the audio system. I've been told that there is no resolution for this, except a software update, and there is no ETA. This has been happening for well over a month.

I need to go back and check my receipt, but i'm pretty sure I bought a Maserati and not a Ford. I never expected to have these issues with such a premium car manufacturer.

I contacted Consumer Affairs to assist me with getting a timely resolution, or offering me some alternative form of compensation while the issue goes unresolved.

Some of the questions that come up regarding this are: Is my car the only car with this issue? Obviously looking at these forums, i'm thinking its not. So there is a problem with all Ghiblis? I should stay away from this brand? Otherwise, you can replace my car with a working one, replace the parts with working parts, or in some way, find a resolution.

After my Consumer Affairs rep told me they were unable to do anything else. I sent a reply asking to escalate my case to the next level. She stated that she was the authority on this issue and I can go no higher to seek other options.

It should also be stated that i've been patient for the last 3 weeks waiting for her to get back to me, after numerous attempts at follow-ups. She has been very very unhelpful and unresponsive most of the time.

I'm embarrassed to be associated with the brand at this point. I can't believe the way they are treating me, a loyal customer. I just want my car the way I bought it. Is that too much to ask?

Extremely disappointed.

·
Registered
292 Posts
You are not the only one that has been treated in this manner. There are a few people in the forum that have expressed that they been treated the same way...

·
Registered
863 Posts
Now i feel this MNA customer service issue is getting completely out of spin here. I dont know if MNA is listening or not.. but guys we need better support here. The dealers can do so much then its your job from there.

Seems like MNA is becoming a company from China rather then a heritage brand from Italy...

Sad :(

·
Administrator
2,414 Posts
Hello everyone,

My primary concern at the moment is with the audio system. I paid for the upgraded premium audio system. I had issues with the speaker rattle. This was resolved. I then had issues where there was no audio coming from the amplifier, they replaced the amplifier, and that issue was resolved. Then I had issues with no bass coming from the audio system. I've been told that there is no resolution for this, except a software update, and there is no ETA. This has been happening for well over a month.
That seems ridiculous that there is no immediate fix or offered radio module replacement. I heard they applied a software change to some of the later produced 2014 cars that somehow reduced the bass response significantly ... I understand that is the software fix pending.

·
Registered
189 Posts
It's really scary how many issues are having to be escalated by Maserati North America that should be handled by the dealer. We all took a huge gamble being Ghibli early adopters but it's shocking reading all of these threads about seemingly "minor" issues that are not being addressed by the dealers. Do Ferrari (or Fiat owners for that matter) have to jump through the same hoops?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Seriously, if i can go back in time, i would never had gotten this car. Its definitely not worth the price, imo. That "premium" sound is a joke. A non premium sound in a bmw has much better quality than that.

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
i have had a few issues myself, each time the dealer has taken care of the issue. on one occassion i even got MNA involved and i was sent a $250 check in the mail as a token of good will for my inconvenience. the real issue here is talking to the wrong person and laziness or the unwillingness to help. my thought is if you dont like your job, get a new one. you can always go over MNA's head and go straight to italy with your concerns. just make sure you have everything documennted with dates, times, names of the people you spoke to.

·
Registered
357 Posts
i have had a few issues myself, each time the dealer has taken care of the issue. on one occassion i even got MNA involved and i was sent a $250 check in the mail as a token of good will for my inconvenience. the real issue here is talking to the wrong person and laziness or the unwillingness to help. my thought is if you dont like your job, get a new one. you can always go over MNA's head and go straight to italy with your concerns. just make sure you have everything documennted with dates, times, names of the people you spoke to.
I'd put my money on UNWILLINGNESS TO HELP, seems to be the consistent theme here.

·
Registered
852 Posts
My deeler is awesome.............Maserati Manhattan............I had my sub woffer fixed and have not had any problems. Ther are many who have not had problems and I think throwing out the brand because of a radio issue is stupid I bought the engine and the looks and the sound and the aWD Just my 2 cents

·
Administrator
2,414 Posts
I really do like my Maserati. it's not perfect ... but there are still more positives that far outweigh the negatives so far, (in my case).

That said:
Dealer #1 was responsive / definitely willing to help me find my Maserati up to the point I took possession of the vehicle. After delivery; responsiveness, (and professional etiquette) disappeared ... hence I took the hint.

Dealer#2 (after sales) is a Maserati gold standard by which all after-sales dealers should act. Proactive, responsive and supportive of your needs.

Maserati North America has good intent, but not empowered and lacks the authority to make timely decisions without authorization from headquarters. This is a major contributor to the inconsistencies across the network. Dealers need to check back with MNA before authorizing repairs.

MNA (and other regional Maserati locations) are handcuffed by the FIAT/Maserati corporate office on profitability, technical know-how and preauthorizations.

To MRPA 1999's comments, should I have a problem that my dealer or MNA not address to my satisfaction I would pull my "stockholder" card to reach out (speak out) to proactively address my concerns on the viability of the growth plans if Maserati can't take care of their key customers.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maserati NA has offered me $300 for the time my car spent at the dealership, but not for the months without the functionality I spent nearly a $100,000 on..

I reached out to MaseratiCares on the forums, haven't heard back yet. Was hoping to hear something before Thanksgiving and everyone has an excuse to not get back to me for another week. This would be the 4th week now that my case has been open with Consumer Relations.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Maserati NA has offered me $300 for the time my car spent at the dealership, but not for the months without the functionality I spent nearly a $100,000 on..

I reached out to MaseratiCares on the forums, haven't heard back yet. Was hoping to hear something before Thanksgiving and everyone has an excuse to not get back to me for another week. This would be the 4th week now that my case has been open with Consumer Relations.
You are not the only one with this sound system vibration issue. I took my car in 3 times just for that and they still couldn't fix it. The dealer said they do not know what else to do.
I took my car in total 8 times already in less than 5 months and each time it is almost 3 hours driving+waiting. I have reach to Maserati NA and hopefully they will get back to me shortly. Let us know when/what you hear back from MNA.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You are not the only one with this sound system vibration issue. I took my car in 3 times just for that and they still couldn't fix it. The dealer said they do not know what else to do.
I took my car in total 8 times already in less than 5 months and each time it is almost 3 hours driving+waiting. I have reach to Maserati NA and hopefully they will get back to me shortly. Let us know when/what you hear back from MNA.
The issue isn't the vibration. The issue is the lack of vibration. Essentially the amplifier is turning the bass down to 1 and the audio controls don't work to turn it back up. Even though in the car it shows the bass is maxed out, technically speaking, the amplifier in the trunk is still stuck on 1. Thus the reason for a software update to correct the issue.

I'm not sure who else to escalate this to.. i'm stuck with crappy audio for at least another month according to Maserati. It's not fair to pay this much for a car and extra for premium audio, only to receive worse audio than what you get in a base model Kia. They should offer to refund the price of the Premium Audio upgrade.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I find that MaseratiCares is selective in their responses. I had asked a while ago for a list of the TSBs or Service Campaigns currently underway - silence. I find out more from my fellow Ghibli owners!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Originally Posted by GhibliFanI find that MaseratiCares is selective in their responses. I had asked a while ago for a list of the TSBs or Service Campaigns currently underway - silence. I find out more from my fellow Ghibli owners!
Hi GhibliFan,

Please accept my apologies for the delay in answering. I am getting in contact with Consumer Affairs and will try my best to provide you with Technical Service Bulletins and/or Service Campaigns as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

Howie - MaseratiCares

·
Registered
348 Posts
Definitely not worth the "PREMIUM" price. The audio systems in our Ghiblis are junk.
Agreed. I was so frustrated I actually ripped out the garbage speakers, amp and sub and had a professional installation for $7K worth of stuff. It sounds great now, but the audio pros were laughing at the quality of this 'Premium' system for $1,400. Absolute embarrassment that Maserati would put this system in our cars let alone charge for it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Maserati is not alone in putting cheap components into 'upgraded' audio systems. It provides big margins.

BMW does this as well, among others.

I'm not talking about their super premium systems, just the midlevel ones.

Also, audio systems and technology are the #1 complaint from customers for practically every brand sold today.

I agree that a car of this caliber should have much better integrated sound (like Audi or Jag for example). However their failure to do so does not make them stand out from the crowd.

I think Maserati put their money into engine, design and handling, and then went with the lowest acceptable features for its class for everything else. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is called value engineering.

·
Registered
114 Posts
The issue isn't the vibration. The issue is the lack of vibration. Essentially the amplifier is turning the bass down to 1 and the audio controls don't work to turn it back up. Even though in the car it shows the bass is maxed out, technically speaking, the amplifier in the trunk is still stuck on 1. Thus the reason for a software update to correct the issue.

I'm not sure who else to escalate this to.. i'm stuck with crappy audio for at least another month according to Maserati. It's not fair to pay this much for a car and extra for premium audio, only to receive worse audio than what you get in a base model Kia. They should offer to refund the price of the Premium Audio upgrade.
Do you have more info on this software update? Is this an issue that impacts all A/V set ups? Are you saying that with a fix via software, we will get a more balanced and better bass curve in the car? If so can you please let us all know when that is available?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi GhibliFan,

Please accept my apologies for the delay in answering. I am getting in contact with Consumer Affairs and will try my best to provide you with Technical Service Bulletins and/or Service Campaigns as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

Howie - MaseratiCares
MaseratiCares,

Did you get my PM? Can you please lend me your assistance? I was told I only have a 5 days to reply to the offer before it was rescinded and I would receive nothing. I would love for someone from 'Maserati' who actually 'Cares' to reach out to me and be supportive of my issues.

Thank you,

NC

1 - 20 of 27 Posts