Maserati Ghibli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one purchase (pre-pay) the Maserati Maintenance service at the time you sign the paperwork? Is it for 4 years 50000 miles I assume? How much does it cost you? I remember i was offered at $3,000 something but I was hesitating.:confused:

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm getting my diesel next week and the maintenance program (called the service pack in the UK!) covers three years of servicing or a service every 12,500 miles, whichever occurs first.

The price is 1400 euros, about 1200 British pounds, which seems good value for a Maserati. I still haven't got all the details, but I understand you don't need to pay until the day of the first service. I just need to check with my dealer that the price will be fixed when I take delivery next week. I don't want any surprises in a year's time when the service is due!

·
Administrator
2,387 Posts
Well at least in the US the dealerships are consistent.

$1995 (not $1600) for 4 years, (every year or 12,500 miles), which I thought was a good "hedge" on potential price increases since service rates can change at anytime. I bought at time of purchase and it is loaded into your Maserati file based on VIN.

You should also look at what is covered for each of the four years. The first year is pretty basic inspection and oil change and progresses from there to air cabin filters and spark plugs in later years.

I will also buy the extended warranty (6-year and 100,000 miles) when available. You would think the dealers would be jumping to sell me the warranty but doesn't appear to be the case for the Ghibli, (based on newness and lack of "consistent information" between dealers.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Does anyone have a straight answer on what the dealers are charging for each service individually? With 12,500 or 2 years a low mileage car won't see the dealer much. My dealer, a Ferrari/Maserati store, says service should be on par with Mercedes. Local Merc is $229 before coupon for annual and $399 for 25k before specials. Way more than Audi. Don't expect too many specials for Maserati, might get service done in SOCAL as it is much more competitive.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Does anyone have a straight answer on what the dealers are charging for each service individually? With 12,500 or 2 years a low mileage car won't see the dealer much. My dealer, a Ferrari/Maserati store, says service should be on par with Mercedes. Local Merc is $229 before coupon for annual and $399 for 25k before specials. Way more than Audi. Don't expect too many specials for Maserati, might get service done in SOCAL as it is much more competitive.
My dealer gave me a "we owe" for the first oil change, told me it should save about $400. That's much higher than my Audis ever were, however I don't expect a lot of routine service given the low miles I expect to do over my three year lease.

·
Registered
852 Posts
my guy told me $750 for the first and 950 for the second which brings me to end of 36 month lease and I was told i would get a discount on each one..........there is also a very good exotic only shop about 30 miles from my house that I think will have better pricing and it is an awesome drive to get there!!!

·
Registered
118 Posts
I bought the 4 years maintenance program as discussed above.

Will it pay off? Who knows...but I can rest easy that the car will cost me nothing for 4 years except payments and gas.

(We won't put enough miles on it to require tires or brakes)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Maintanence Plan Price

Have people paid less than $1625 for this? That looks like the MSRP for it. Curious if there are any discounts.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I was told $600 at first year anniversary, $1200 at second year and back to $600 on the third year.

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
I bought the 4 years maintenance program as discussed above.

Will it pay off? Who knows...but I can rest easy that the car will cost me nothing for 4 years except payments and gas.

(We won't put enough miles on it to require tires or brakes)
unless you plan on swapping the summer tires out for all season tires, you will def replace those tires. the summer tires are horrible in terms of longevity. i expect 10k miles out of mine bc i drive fast. a normal driver can prob get 20k if they are lucky.

i just replaced a rear tire due to a flat, $330 + $15 ship since noone had it locally + $25 to mount = $370 for (1) rear tire.

eventually when they all wear out together i plan on moving over to all seasons for half the price. the summer tires stick like crazy and provide amazing traction, but truthfully my driving style can accomodate all seasons.

·
Registered
118 Posts
unless you plan on swapping the summer tires out for all season tires, you will def replace those tires. the summer tires are horrible in terms of longevity. i expect 10k miles out of mine bc i drive fast. a normal driver can prob get 20k if they are lucky.

No we don't plan on putting on all season tires - no need here in San Diego. We drive in a pretty much normal fashion, so we are hoping for 20K miles on the tires.

The Ghibli is not our daily driver so we are on track to put somewhere around 5K a year on it. So we may or may not have to replace the tires in the first 4 years.

i just replaced a rear tire due to a flat, $330 + $15 ship since noone had it locally + $25 to mount = $370 for (1) rear tire.

Did you replace it with the exact Pirelli that came on the car? If so that's great news! Tires on my other cars cost more than that.

·
Administrator
1,301 Posts
Did you replace it with the exact Pirelli that came on the car? If so that's great news! Tires on my other cars cost more than that.
yes its the same tire, no choice. cannot run 3 pirellis and 1 xxx...

im not a fan of pirelli tires, they puncture and blow out very easily. on my MB i had 2 blowouts in 1 day, complete blowouts as well, as in tire tearing open...

on my wifes MB she just had another pirelli bubble on the sidewall last week. the tire was less then a month old. so i really do not like buying the pirelli brand, ugh... i would rather michelins all day long.

the good thing is that i paid $0 for all these replacments thru DTD. the maserati tire is the only tire i paid for since it was not covered under DTD's warranty.

·
Administrator
2,387 Posts
u
I just replaced a rear tire due to a flat, $330 + $15 ship since none had it locally + $25 to mount = $370 for (1) rear tire.
I take it the flat was due to a road hazard versus a defect? Otherwise it would have been covered under new car tire warranty?

I will take your advise for next set of tires through DTD.

If I damage a 20" Urano rim ... not sure what options are available other than Maserati dealer. Dealer told me count on $2K replacement cost per rim.

·
Administrator
2,387 Posts
I was told $600 at first year anniversary, $1200 at second year and back to $600 on the third year.
I took the 4 year package since I was told $2400 for the 4 years without a maintenance package. I though I was quoted $1600 for the 4 years, (and wrote it down), but looked at my actual car invoice and it lists $1995. Sounds like I overpaid or they quoted me a 3 year plan and I bought the 4 year plan.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, has anyone purchased the service plan in the UK? My dealer (Maranello, Surrey) told me my Diesel could have this applied up until the first service, and it would cover the first 3 services. Today I asked the Maranello service department (4 months after purchase now) and they told me they'd never heard of the package....

·
Registered
397 Posts
$1695 for 4 years.. I got it as it was cheaper than my MB.. which was $395 for service A and around $600 for service be.. not including oil changes in between etc.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Just had the one year service done. The "basic" service which is just the recommended oil change and filter change was $349. If you pay $495, which I did, it included changing the A/C filter, complete engine diagnostics and among other things, nitrogen for the tires. I have a three year lease and the service manager told me the second service is just a little more than the first year so for me anyway, the maintenance program did not make sense. The service was performed at Van Nuys Maserati--the are a new store and I was very pleased with the service. Van Nuys Maserati is owned by the Auto Gallery which also owns Beverly Hills Maserati and Calabasas Maserati. I had been taking my car to their Beverly Hills service facility and Van Nuys was much better.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts