Maserati Ghibli Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Maserati has announced that it will cap production of its vehicles to a total of 75,000 units per year. This move is meant to maintain the exclusivity of Maserati vehicles as demand for the trident brand continues to increase.

In 2013 Maserati sold 15,400 vehicles. This year Maserati has already surpassed that number, and sales by the year 2015 are expected to get up to 50,000 units. That number still isn't close to the 75,000 unit production limit, but it is heading there fast. The expectation is that Maserati will be achieving 75,000 annual sales by the year 2018.

Sales should continue to increase with the release of some new Maserati models: the Levante SUV (2015) and the Alfieri concept (2016).

This news leads me to ask a few questions. First, how important is exclusivity to you? More broadly though, if demand exceeds production, what will happen? Will there be shortages? Will the price of Maserati vehicles increase in order to bring down demand and make more profit?

·
Registered
863 Posts
I will tell you one thing here. I bought the car because of 3 reason.

Reason 1 --- Exclusivity
Reason 2 --- Exclusivity
Reason 3 --- Ferrari build engine (somewhat exclusive as well)

I had like 10 different options when i was looking to buy the car. What really stands out for Maserati is the brand name and exclusivity in this sea of MB, BMW, Audi and what not.

If demand exceeds production, well thats an awesome thing. more demand less supply price increase that is always the formula. I think it would increase and i surely hope it should increase. I really want that cap at 75k.

See no matter how rich you are if you are not the first one to grab a car, its gone. Thats what all exotic car makers why, so why would Maserati be any different. yes there cap is a bit higher but a CAP is a CAP.

I want to buy the Alfieri Coupe, but if cant get it and they cap it. I am happy as it will still remain exclusive to people who got it before me.

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
I posted about this before - the CEO says that there will be a CAP to retain exclusivity of marque :)

DD

Reactions: sverzi
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.